For Sale Want to trade touring seat

rocket51

.060 Over
Ride
09 Rocket Touring
I would like to trade my touring seat with rider backrest for touring seat without backrest and $65. Must be local trade, I live 60 miles north of Dallas and I would be willing to meet you half way up to 75 miles for swap.

I would like to trade my touring seat with rider backrest for touring seat without backrest and $65. Must be local trade, I live 60 miles north of Dallas and I would be willing to meet you half way up to 75 miles for swap.

I have to ask...If it is a Triumph long hauling Touring seat, why don't you just unbolt the backrest from the bottom of the seat and remove it? Mine came with a plug which I had to remove to install the backrest. Just curious.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is a longhaul, it is the one in the picture, I don't know the difference. Do you still have the plug and would you sell it? Is there a difference in comfort on the longhaul and standard seat?

I don't know if it is a longhaul, it is the one in the picture, I don't know the difference. Do you still have the plug and would you sell it? Is there a difference in comfort on the longhaul and standard seat?

It looks like a long haul. Take your seat off and flip it over. Four bolts hold the backrest mount on. You will probably have to remove the two screws that hold the backrest to the mount. As for the plug, I don't want to sell mine even though I will probably never take the backrest off. I'll look online and see if is available as a separate part. The long haul seat has a slightly taller lumber area over my stock seat. I think the stock seat is a little more comfortable, but I prefer the backrest.

I checked, but I don't see it listed as a separate parts. I could take some pictures of mine and you could make one out of wood...paint it black...wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. The picture of your bike seat looks like two piece. Mine is one piece seat. If a standard seat is as comfortable I will still trade, if not I will look for plug and make wood plug for use till I find one. I never new if I had standard or longhaul seat nor what difference was between the two.

Thanks for the info. The picture of your bike seat looks like two piece. Mine is one piece seat. If a standard seat is as comfortable I will still trade, if not I will look for plug and make wood plug for use till I find one. I never new if I had standard or longhaul seat nor what difference was between the two.

The rear passenger seat will detach from the rider seat on the long haul seat as well. I took mine off for a day or two and removed the passenger backrest as well. I made it into a solo ride. It looked pretty cool, but I'm always throwing a spare bag on the passenger seat so I put it back on.

I bought mustang seat but sent it back because I couldn't get it to line up with bolts. Mustang is going to check it out to see what the problem is

Back