Vibration through Footpegs

Update on vibration

Hey guys- Update,

Been back to team moto. Guy there by the name of Grant took my bike for a ride and I took one of their R3's for a ride. It was a 2011 model done 1800klms. It was much smoother than mine and noticeably no vibration like mine.

After a lengthy conversation with Grant, who could not explain to me nor could the workshop as to why the engine locked up after tightening the main bearings to the correct tension, they are washing the vibration off as harmonics. Even though he concedes that mine is worse than the one on the floor that they had that had done less klms.

Well I've done a few more klms now and the vibration through the handle bars is back at 3500rpm. Its a shame they didn't investigate why the crank locked up after re tensioning the mains. If they had of investigated the situation properly in the first place ie sent the crank away for checking, I am no further ahead than months ago because things need to be eliminated.

However Cliff STOVALL who is the triumph Australia Technical manager is supposed to be flying up next week to take my bike for a ride. Well that could go both ways. If its positive, I'm without a bike for a coupe of months again and if its's negative then I wil have to go so the office of fair trading. Maybe I should park the bike outside Team Moto Virginia with a sign on it bagging the bike.

I've also asked Grant to give me a trade in price for a new one. But this will cost me. They won't do me any favours

Grant even told me that if I traded it in he would put the bike back on the floor for someone else to buy as he thinks that the vibration is not detrimental to the bike. Nice eh, make it someone elses issue. As much as they appear helpful, I will get the run around for sure.

Keep you guys posted

Engine vibration update

Dropped my R3 off to Virginia Team Moto at their request.

Technical expert from Melbourne rode my R3 and told me that Triumph would not be giving me a new motorcycle in replacement for the old one. He further stated that has these issues are in all R3. And that mine is similar to other that he has riden.

They know there are issues but wouldn't tell anyone before the purchase.

He stated that they would do all possible to make me happy...yeah sure.

I was informed by Team Moto Virginia that to trade the bike in with them and collect a new 2012 R3 I would have to pay $4690 exchange.
What a crock of sh********t.

I informed them that I would only be prepared to fork out $2000 for the exchange.

I originally asked Team moto to look after me with the price. The price of the new bike is $22990, same price as what is on bike sales.com. 6 months ago I paid $20990 for my R3. Needless to say they just keep adding butter and cream to soften the situation.

The technician today told me that the reason for the vibration in the clutch issue at 2000rpm is created by a knuckle that is in the drive train and is located towards the rear of the gearbox. He is prepared to again dismantle the engine again which entails removing the rear swingarm etc and replace the drive shaft and knuckle that joins the shaft with an attempt to improve the situation.

He couldn't tell me what happened that made the crank lock up when they had it down the first time.

Well I've had a gut full. The bikes been off the road for 2 months out of 6months. I just paid the rego for another 6 months.

I've been promised an answer by Friday this week from Triumph Australia as to whether they will or will not give me a new bike and accept an exchange of $2000.

I don't hold my breath.

Anyway you will all know if the answer is no because it will be parked as of Monday next with a lemon sign and balloons over it on a trailer and parked outside Team Moto Virginia until I get some positive result.

They should have declared the problem to me before I paid for it as they are well aware that they have a vibration issue.

A picture tells a thousand words.

I will let you know what happens

The vibration disappears and very quite as soon as I take the free play out of the clutch. If Triumph could fix this it would be a perfect bike.
It must be a condition that is worse in some bikes, mine is a 2011 , I can live with the condition but I hope it does not get any worse, done 9000km to date.

hey moto, i would seek legal advice. i would ask them to send correspondence to Vince Ciodo via his pa as Vince is having some personal issues at the moment and his office will likely do their best to resolve the matter without defending.

The vibration disappears and very quite as soon as I take the free play out of the clutch. If Triumph could fix this it would be a perfect bike.
It must be a condition that is worse in some bikes, mine is a 2011 , I can live with the condition but I hope it does not get any worse, done 9000km to date.

Mine has done 12500km and sounds the same as your's. Iv'e learned to live with it.

Back