Vibration through Footpegs

Welcome to the Site! sorry to hear about your troubles.
I am hoping however That size really doesnt matter, cuz if so, that means my wife has been lying to me........ :(

Vibration Update

Hi Guys

Dropped into Team MOTO last week. They removed the engine from the bike. Separated the crankcases and found nothing. Triumph has approved a new complete clutch though.

I don't think that this will alter anything but I should be more positive.

I've done some research and the genuine clutch is an aluminium cast clutch. I know that MTC Engineering in the US have designed and made a forged high performance clutch, so this is on my mind should the problem not disappear. See how things go. Should have the bike back soon. Chris

Hi Guys

Dropped into Team MOTO last week. They removed the engine from the bike. Separated the crankcases and found nothing. Triumph has approved a new complete clutch though.

I don't think that this will alter anything but I should be more positive.

I've done some research and the genuine clutch is an aluminium cast clutch. I know that MTC Engineering in the US have designed and made a forged high performance clutch, so this is on my mind should the problem not disappear. See how things go. Should have the bike back soon. Chris

Size have them check the rivots on the clutch basket. MTC noticed rivots spinning when they went to drill them out to install their Billet basketon some bran new ones.

Welcome Chris bad start to your entry into the rocket brigade but when its all fixed you want be disappointed.

When you have the chance check out the posts for RDU - Rockets Downunder and ROOZ - Rockets over OZ. Plus don't forget to vote in witch Aussie state has the most rockets Go Queensland.

Vibration Update

Got the Triumph back last Thursday.

Guys at Team Moto said that they took the sump off the bike and tensioned the mains and big ends and any else that should be tensioned.

When they did this the engine locked up and it couldn't be turned over by hand. It had them confused as to what they had done wrong.

They then replaced the main bearing shells and re tensioned the mains. All good. They said that from the factory the mains mustn't have been tensioned properly, so when they tensioned them correctly the out of round bearing shells locked up the engine.

Other than replacing the main bearing shells the only other thing its had is a complete clutch replacement.

Took it for a 500klm ride on Sunday. Well the bike feels totally different in some ways.

There is no vibration after the revs increase above 2500rpm. Doing 100klm per hour or faster is smooth and nice. It was bad before they pulled it down.

However at idle the clutch vibration noise is louder than it was before and at 2000rpm in either 3rd, 4th and fifth is no different. A simple, take the slack out of the clutch lever and the bike becomes smooth as a jap bike.

I'm going to see if Motolink would like to swap bikes for a ride so that I can compare. I'm also taking a mates Triumph 2010 rocket tourer for a ride and if it's hasn't got the issues mine has or is much better than mine, I'm going to go to trade it in for a 2012 model.

I don't see that complaining will get the bike fixed.

I do not blame Team Moto as their mechanics did a great job and there's not one mark on the bike. They looked after it when dismantling it.

I think the engine needs to be professionally balanced and replace the OEM clutch with an after market clutch from MTC engineering in the USA. This I think would improve the vibration no end, but costly.

Size

Team moto said "they all do it so don't worry about it"! WTF kind of answer is that? If it rotates and vibrates, loaded or un loaded, there's a problem. Never felt that on my 2006 standard, at 30K miles, under any conditions.

Got the Triumph back last Thursday.

Guys at Team Moto said that they took the sump off the bike and tensioned the mains and big ends and any else that should be tensioned.

When they did this the engine locked up and it couldn't be turned over by hand. It had them confused as to what they had done wrong.

They then replaced the main bearing shells and re tensioned the mains. All good. They said that from the factory the mains mustn't have been tensioned properly, so when they tensioned them correctly the out of round bearing shells locked up the engine.

Other than replacing the main bearing shells the only other thing its had is a complete clutch replacement.

Took it for a 500klm ride on Sunday. Well the bike feels totally different in some ways.

There is no vibration after the revs increase above 2500rpm. Doing 100klm per hour or faster is smooth and nice. It was bad before they pulled it down.

However at idle the clutch vibration noise is louder than it was before and at 2000rpm in either 3rd, 4th and fifth is no different. A simple, take the slack out of the clutch lever and the bike becomes smooth as a jap bike.

I'm going to see if Motolink would like to swap bikes for a ride so that I can compare. I'm also taking a mates Triumph 2010 rocket tourer for a ride and if it's hasn't got the issues mine has or is much better than mine, I'm going to go to trade it in for a 2012 model.

I don't see that complaining will get the bike fixed.

I do not blame Team Moto as their mechanics did a great job and there's not one mark on the bike. They looked after it when dismantling it.

I think the engine needs to be professionally balanced and replace the OEM clutch with an after market clutch from MTC engineering in the USA. This I think would improve the vibration no end, but costly.

Size

How much free play do you have in the clutch lever berfore it start to pull the clutch? It sounds like the lifter piece is rattling.

Back