UNI Underseat Air Filter

dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
If you've tried the Uni NU-3009 air filter, which is a drop in replacement for the stock air filter, please share your opinions about it compared to the stock filter and the K&N replacement filter.

I have used the K&N unde-rseat OEM replacement filter, and noticed no difference. I also tried the K&N under-tank filter, and noticed minimal difference. Triple filters, or RAMAIR filter, will be noticeable - especially if the bike can breath out better too.

I have used the K&N unde-rseat OEM replacement filter, and noticed no difference. I also tried the K&N under-tank filter, and noticed minimal difference. Triple filters, or RAMAIR filter, will be noticeable - especially if the bike can breath out better too.

When Ramair filters first came out its website stated it was sending units out for independent testing and would be posting the results. Its website still states that. Has Ramair ever posted testing results that show its filter substantially improves the performance of a Rocket? Has anyone else posted such evidence? I want to buy a Ramair but I'm suspicious if it has not followed through with its assurance that it would be posting testing results.

I have also been looking at the Ramair and found the lack of updates on any performance gains strange. It would also be a cool idea for somebody to make a "glovebox" kit to replace the stock air filter box...one that had a solid front and a top cover. I know that many have used the stock box for this but the open front could let in water/dirt.

If you are wanting to change the underseat filter, your engine is better off in the long run to keep the dry pleated paper filter that came stock. The other foam-gause filters let much more grit pass through the filter and enter the engine.

Edit: Be sure to remove the snorkle mounted under the seat.

Last edited:
When Ramair filters first came out its website stated it was sending units out for independent testing and would be posting the results. Its website still states that. Has Ramair ever posted testing results that show its filter substantially improves the performance of a Rocket? Has anyone else posted such evidence? I want to buy a Ramair but I'm suspicious if it has not followed through with its assurance that it would be posting testing results.
Ramair gives a substantial gain, at least it did on mine.. in the region of 20RWHP........ If you search the threads there are comments for Nev Lush who did some of the independent testing.....

I have also been looking at the Ramair and found the lack of updates on any performance gains strange. It would also be a cool idea for somebody to make a "glovebox" kit to replace the stock air filter box...one that had a solid front and a top cover. I know that many have used the stock box for this but the open front could let in water/dirt.
Run mine in all weather conditions, no problems at all

I just put a piece of Mtn Bike inner tube over the front hole and used the clamp that held the hose to hold it, water rarely get in under seat so top hole is simply left open or it would not be hard to make a cover if you really felt the need to cover it

^+1 on this. The restriction is in the plumbing associated with the stock filter and there is no gain to be had with any filter change.
I'm inclined to agree - However unlike idk I did notice a difference moving to the single undertank. Moving to the RAMAIR was more noticeable. I could never get on with the triple 2780 K&N's and the custom ITG made some difference over the ramair at 5500rpm plus. But was SO BLOODY LOUD - I went back to the Ramair. I recommend the Oz-Claw with Ramair and also make a heat shield twixt filter and engine.

Ramair gives a substantial gain, at least it did on mine.. in the region of 20RWHP........ If you search the threads there are comments for Nev Lush who did some of the independent testing.....
Nev AFAIK is the only one who's done an empirical test and published them. I can't tell you if mine produces more power as no Dyno here will let me on - there are no bike braked-dynos anywhere near me.

But it's undoubtedly smoother running. The PCV trims suggest it flows more air.

Back