overlander

Standard Bore
Hello guys,
Been reading these forums for a while now but getting close to buying a rocket 3 2014 model. I know it's been done to death but I cannot find any specific information about the UK bound bikes.

How can I tell if a UK bike is indeed been made in the UK, I know our vin requirements are different. I am under the understanding that all the UK rockets are made in the uk and a mixture for America and Australia etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Hello guys,
Been reading these forums for a while now but getting close to buying a rocket 3 2014 model. I know it's been done to death but I cannot find any specific information about the UK bound bikes.

How can I tell if a UK bike is indeed been made in the UK, I know our vin requirements are different. I am under the understanding that all the UK rockets are made in the uk and a mixture for America and Australia etc.

Thanks for any advice.

I would like to know what you mean by, "our vin requirements are different" ?
Please explain.

Hi guys thanks for the advice.

I was wrong on my first post the country code is compulsory but there is ambiguity over this if it's built but assembled in another country. I also think the 11th digit is unique to the states and not included in Europe. The key one here I'd the plant code which is compulsory in the states will tell you where the bike originates and not just assembled.

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for the advice.

I was wrong on my first post the country code is compulsory but there is ambiguity over this if it's built but assembled in another country. I also think the 11th digit is unique to the states and not included in Europe. The key one here I'd the plant code which is compulsory in the states will tell you where the bike originates and not just assembled.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I was confused.

Back