TuneEcu Connection Problem

ROCKETOUR

.060 Over
Ride
2008 R3T with lots of changes
I tried to connect to uneEcu. Plugged cable into bike, blue light comes on, connect USB into laptop and get the "dadonk" sound. TuneEcu is already on screen, turn ignition switch on. Now heres the problem. I don't get the lower right hand corner to show I've linked to the program, never get the flashing red let alone amber and green. I bought the cable from Powertripp and it's worked in the past. Does this indicate that the cable has gone bad? Is there a way to test it? Or is there another step by step process that I should try? Just want to know before I buy another cable and then find out I'm doing something out of sequence.

1. is under the menu item "Options" ----- "interface" --------- "USB" the cable with checkmark in front of displayed?

2. is under the menu items "Options" setting "for auto-connect"? On or Off.

If Off (no checkmark in front of "auto-connect" then go to the menu option "ECU"and choose "Connect"

If that does not help, put your Windows system back to a previous system restore point. It happens sometimes that was caused by a Windows update this problem.

If that fails, it could be a defective cable.

Regards,

Tom

I just went to Amazon looking for a tuneecu cable. It had the blue connector but reading further it stated it was only good thru 2012 Rocket III.

Does someone have a link to the correct cable? Going to try Waynes stock R3T tune.

I just went to Amazon looking for a tuneecu cable. It had the blue connector but reading further it stated it was only good thru 2012 Rocket III.

Does someone have a link to the correct cable? Going to try Waynes stock R3T tune.

I ordered mine from Amazon - it cost $9.65
1"OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409"

I don't know if this is the answer ya need but the cable I have I have use on my 12 roadster 13 touring and now 14 touring and it has worked just fine

Back