tuneecu cable no longer connects

hogweed

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2004
The laptop i use for Tuneecu (Windows 7) had to be repaired and now the cable no longer connects ,i think there was a section on the TuneEcu website about removing the old cable drivers but cant find it?
Can someone clever remind me the procedure for downloading the correct drivers and how to get the cable working again????????!!!!!!

The laptop i use for Tuneecu (Windows 7) had to be repaired and now the cable no longer connects ,i think there was a section on the TuneEcu website about removing the old cable drivers but cant find it?
Can someone clever remind me the procedure for downloading the correct drivers and how to get the cable working again????????!!!!!!

Here is a pretty good guide for installing the drivers:

http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_and_dat/TuneECU/Driver_Installation.pdf

It's in the links section on the Tuneecu page.

The best way to reinstall the driver is to first uninstall whatever is in there. First disconnet from the internet. You have to go into the device manager. You can get to the device manager in the control panel. Open it up and look at the ports (com & lpt1). Plug in the cable. A new line should show up, like USB Serial Port (COM4). Right click it and hit uninstall.Also, in device manager, go down to universal serial bus controllers. Unplug and plug in the cable. A new line will appear called USB serial converter. Right click it and hit uninstall.

Now, it's like you never installed anything. Follow the instructions above.

Here is a pretty good guide for installing the drivers:

http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_and_dat/TuneECU/Driver_Installation.pdf

It's in the links section on the Tuneecu page.

That is what I had to do to get my cable working again after I replaced the hard drive in my laptop. And remember to manually do the drivers, disconnect your wireless or unplug your cable to load the drivers after you get them downloaded from the tuneECU site.

bob

Back