TuneECU and Anti Tamper on 2014 R3 Roadster

Leogoff

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster, 2009 Bonneville T100
Can anyone advise if the 2014 R3 Roadster ECU will be damaged, or "Locked Up' as a result of using the TuneECU software?
I've had conflicting reports as to if the latest R3 ECU has compatibility issues with TuneECU.
Thanks

Yeah it's fine, I have a 2014 roadster and asked around a while back, got confirmations from TuneECU guys and the guys in the know here and elsewhere, as said just stick to the right VIN ranges...

So far I've not messed as yet though, might remove that max speed setting soon though, just for curiosities sake

Thanks to everyone who responded.

The only changes I will be making so far is the Factory TORS mufflers. Are there any other "bolt on" mods I should consider?

In looking at the available maps, I see listings for "Rocket III / All VIN's / Keihin ECU" and "Rocket III Roadster / up to VIN # 574812 / Keihin ECU" .

My VIN starts with 606. Where should I download my map from....I would think: Rocket III / All VIN's / Keihin ECU.....as the other group ( up to VIN #574812) falls below my VIN range.
Any advise or thoughts on this?

Thanks!!

Surely the dealership should have applied the map when fitting the TORS or did you get them elsewhere and fit yourself?

Not that it should matter...on the TuneECU site on this page below the "Rocket III Roadster / up to VIN # 574812 / Keihin ECU" section there's another section titled "Rocket III Roadster / from VIN # 574813 / Keihin ECU"...is what you want not in there?

maybe the wording is wrong but there is no tune for the Tors with a newer VIN...
There is one with aftermarket pipes but with cats???
Aftermarket pipes will eliminate cats on the roadster...

Thanks everyone. As Rockethead mentioned, there is not a tune shown for the TORS suitable for my VIN. And yes, I will be installing the TORS myself. At this point I will get my local dealer to load in the factory TORS tune.

I would still like to have the secondaries fully open. It's my understanding the secondaries on the 2014 function differently from previous year models, but seems I've read they still have some restriction, depending upon gear is being used.

Thanks

Well, one can always connect TuneECU, backup the map the dealer puts in out of the bike and into TuneECU and then manually edit the secondaries. I'm sure there are several knowledgeable people here who can guide you.

You can certainly always tune your bike better than the factory map does the job, as it has to adhere to emissions requirements etc etc but I would hazard a guess though that the 2014 factory maps (TORS or standard) are likely all you want with OEM air filtration and OEM exhaust headers....messing with the maps for this setup wont gain a great deal.

If you were to fit a Ramair filter and straight through big diameter header and pipes then custom maps all the way for sure...

By all means post up a backup of your R3R 2014 with TORS map though, would be very useful to others who need it....chances are there may be one around somewhere too but I've not seen it.

Back