Tune question

Duane

Standard Bore
Ride
'05 Rocket III
Good day.
I have a 2005 rocket. I am thinking about getting the ramair filter. I will be getting the Jardine/supertrapp slashcut exhaust onto my bike in a few months. From what I have heard they are still going to make the exhaust as there are 25 orders outstanding.(just waiting and waiting and waiting)
Having said that with the ramair filter and the Jardine exhaust what tune would I need or can I run the bike just like that with the 10 min tune? There are not other modifications.
How would I tune the bike if needed and what tune and supplies would I require? I read on here you can get the cable from Amazon plus the software from TuneEcu.
Very green about this but not totally incompetent. (Just ask my wife, she allows me to think freely 10% of the time ... crap I think she is coming)

Any help would be appreciated. - With the bike.

Duane

you can wander over to the tuneecu site and find a tune for your combo... i'm having an adventure with this on my 2012 r3r right now... it looks like the cable i bought was flaky and is now dead... would be pretty annoying had it left my ecm bricked... doing tuneecu is pretty easy if you have a bit of pc knowledge and can follow the instructions... and you actually want to do a tune before you go the dobeck or pcv+at route, because the tuneecu tune changes things that they don't, making for a better starting point for the controllers...

Thank -you for your feed back. I got the Ram air it installed nicely and I bought a dobeck, which will be installed next. However I just heard that Jardine/Super Trap is now discontinuing the exhaust system for my 2005 rocket, so now I am looking to get a different set.
It looks like the TORs are discontinued, newr3 has some exhaust systems is there anything else out there?

Thank -you for your feed back. I got the Ram air it installed nicely and I bought a dobeck, which will be installed next. However I just heard that Jardine/Super Trap is now discontinuing the exhaust system for my 2005 rocket, so now I am looking to get a different set.
It looks like the TORs are discontinued, newr3 has some exhaust systems is there anything else out there?

you could order a reband exhaust from australia or check the forum look at recent pictures of a very new exhaust being fabricated in australia and wait in line to order .
I have an 06 with ramair and jardine I am going to run 20258 tune this spring it is made for that very setup since the breathe in breathe out is requiring more fuel or get a good tuner with a dyno

Carpenter Racing pipes.

OR . . .
Likely not quite the horses; but, you could keep the stock headers and build your own.
I have done this and so far - so good. I do have the PCV with AT; however.

Last edited:
you could order a reband exhaust from australia or check the forum look at recent pictures of a very new exhaust being fabricated in australia and wait in line to order .
I have an 06 with ramair and jardine I am going to run 20258 tune this spring it is made for that very setup since the breathe in breathe out is requiring more fuel or get a good tuner with a dyno
Thats a great tune that 20258, hold on when you twist the throttle!

Back