Tune for Roadster with ramair filter, standard pipes with cats removed from pipes.

Paul Jacobs

Bald is best
I have recently taken the cats out of my standard Roadster exhaust. I have the new ram air filter installed. Everything else is bulk standard.
I am currently running the below tune with the map 20352-2 the guide info reads as follows.
My question. Is there a better canned tune for this configuration?

Rocket III Roadster Standard exhaust
* OEM adjusted for Roadster TORS, which means based on map 20352.
* fully open secondaries on all gears, all rpm
* Ignition tables copied to be the same on all gears, copied from I4 (I N) to I3 and I2 which means same ignition retardation on all gears.
* Top speed adjusted to 260 km/h - 162 mph
nothing advanced is altered, nothing that requires a dyno or deeper knowledge.

secondaries are just written to be 100% in the entire matrix
ignition is just copied from I4 (I N ) to I3 and I2, not edited in any way.
this tune runs on my bike, no problems. using TuneECU 1.6.6.

Not really, I had the original set up previously. There is more induction noise and it possibly does rev a little more freely, but I wouldn’t say it’s made a big difference. I don’t get the crickets in the induction noise that others have mentioned with the K&N’s. It’s easier to get the throttle body adjustment screws. Currently all three cylinders are balanced at 600, anyone know if that high, low, or right. The main thing I guess is that there balanced.

Never looked at throttle balance wouldn't have a clue. Mabey it is checked somewere in the $800 service I just had? If it is out doe's it make much difference to how smooth the bike runs?

Not really, I had the original set up previously. There is more induction noise and it possibly does rev a little more freely, but I wouldn’t say it’s made a big difference. I don’t get the crickets in the induction noise that others have mentioned with the K&N’s. It’s easier to get the throttle body adjustment screws. Currently all three cylinders are balanced at 600, anyone know if that high, low, or right. The main thing I guess is that there balanced.

Is Ramair worth the expense?

: 223657, member: 3544"]Not really, I had the original set up previously. There is more induction noise and it possibly does rev a little more freely, but I wouldn’t say it’s made a big difference. I don’t get the crickets in the induction noise that others have mentioned with the K&N’s. It’s easier to get the throttle body adjustment screws. Currently all three cylinders are balanced at 600, anyone know if that high, low, or right. The main thing I guess is that there balanced.[/quote]
You wont notice any diffe

Unless the bike is tuned to suit you wont notice any difference changing the filter alone is probably just leaning it out

Back