Tune ECU help

dave64

Mr
Ride
Triumph Roadster 2010
I need help from the guru's , Hanso sent a revised tune and when i was downloading it into the bike it got to about 40% and then timed out . Now the bike wont do pre start noise etc , and now i am having trouble re connecting to ecu sometimes it connects and tries to do recovery but even that wont get passed a couple of % before dropping out . any ideas ??????????

The TuneECU manual has a section on recovery in it. I don't have a copy on my phone that I can attach to this note. There should be a link to it on the TuneECU website.

I will try and have a read tomorrow and get this sorted , i hate when **** like this happens make me think i should have just left her standard and be happy . :(:thumbsdown:

As mentioned on the phone make sure you have good power supply at both bike battery (connected to a charger) and laptop connected to wall plug.

And even with a charger connected, pull the headlight fuse, the lights will probably draw enough power that it may still be a negative equation if they're on.

I hope your cable is a proper FTDi one? Has it worked before? Some non-FTDi ones may semi-work until they don't work.

I need help from the guru's , Hanso sent a revised tune and when i was downloading it into the bike it got to about 40% and then timed out . Now the bike wont do pre start noise etc , and now i am having trouble re connecting to ecu sometimes it connects and tries to do recovery but even that wont get passed a couple of % before dropping out . any ideas ??????????

First, charge the battery. In order to prevent the drop of the on-board voltage, use a second 12-volt battery (eg from a car).
Second, use a power supply for the computer
Third, before you begin, remove the fuse for the light

ECU restore, after a failed download:

Recovery for Sagem and Keihin ECUs:

• When a download is unsuccessful, the ignition off and on again.
  • Now wait for the message "ECU is connected but not responding". "Run the ECU recovery?"
  • Then click OK and wait until the recovery has been made and confirm this.
  • Now wait until TuneECU reconnected to the ECU and then download the map once again on the ECU.

Attention! must for the recovery process in TuneECU definitely a matching map to be opened, best a matching OEM map.

Regards,

Tom

First thing I did when I got my setup working was to download the existing map out of the bike and saved that as a backup. Just in case. Used to that from the computing world... before fiddling with the data on the computer, take a backup.

Just got home and tried again with fully charged battery but still no go , tomorrow i will try the tune that come out of it and see if it will recover it . I have pulled the fuse for the lights , i will try tomorrow with a second battery connected as well . This is pissing me off now wished i would have never touched it .

Well i'm real pissed off now , I connected to my car battery and had car running . The ecu struggles to connect and then come up with a pop up box ecu connected but not reading or something then say use recovery so i do this and it connects (green light rhc) gets to 3 or 4 % and then the green load bar turns red and after a while times out . I have a dead bike now thanks to this program so im not happy wished i never touch it .

Back