Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
I've just ordered the above and then suddenly remembered (I think) there are limitations to its use with a 2014 Roadster, those being either the ECU can't be written to to change the tune but can be used for minor adjustments ie TPS and when the fan kicks in. Is that right?

Also can the main dealer see that you've accessed it as I wouldn't want to lose my warranty which still has 15 months on it.

I believe tuneecu will do what you want,I am sure others will be along to say for sure.Also the dealer can tell if someone was in but not what was done.

I've just ordered the above and then suddenly remembered (I think) there are limitations to its use with a 2014 Roadster, those being either the ECU can't be written to to change the tune but can be used for minor adjustments ie TPS and when the fan kicks in. Is that right?

Also can the main dealer see that you've accessed it as I wouldn't want to lose my warranty which still has 15 months on it.
I have a '14 R3R and loaded a new tune courtesy @Claviger via TuneECU with the LoneLec cable no problems just a few months ago.

Thanks Guys, that's a relief.

I was looking on the tune ECU website at lunchtime and they say the only safe download of their software is the Android version through Google Play and the Windows version is for professionals only. Do they mean it's too complicated for non professionals?
Is the Android version as in phones and will it work on a Windows 7 PC. Sorry to appear dumb but I'm new to this lark

Ok, but what about the Windows / Android software scenario?

Thanks Guys, that's a relief.

I was looking on the tune ECU website at lunchtime and they say the only safe download of their software is the Android version through Google Play and the Windows version is for professionals only. Do they mean it's too complicated for non professionals?
Is the Android version as in phones and will it work on a Windows 7 PC. Sorry to appear dumb but I'm new to this lark
I paid the ~$14 and downloaded the software to my Android phone through the Google Play store. Pretty easy to use. Can't speak to the free software for PCs...

.... I was looking on the tune ECU website at lunchtime and they say the only safe download of their software is the Android version through Google Play

That is simply instructing that the ONLY valid SOURCE of the ANDROID version program is via Google Play, not from ANY other media

... and the Windows version is for professionals only.

Where are you seeing that ?????
Whether you use the Android or windows version the potential for damage is identical if you don't know what you're doing in changing map content.
Unless you are competent tuner and have Wideband monitoring equipment, the 'safe' thing is just to change the whole map for one developed and proven by someone experienced, rather than 'blindly tweaking' individual map tables.
Cautions against the programs use apply equally to either platform.

Is the Android version as in phones and will it work on a Windows 7 PC.

Android version ONLY works on Android phones or Tablets;
It will NOT work on iphones or Windows PC.

Back