Tune 20050 Options ??

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
I have 2 questions about tune 20050 TuneEcu version.

1) Can I load tune 20050 into a 2008 Touring and expect good results similar to my two 2006 Rockets ?

2) Is there a better tune than tune 20050 for a 2006 Rocket ?

Bill.

The 20050 tune is for bone stock older R3s. The 20050finalmaptor and decel tunes are custom for any R3 with old tors and cat bypass including Touring. The decel bit modified the L tables to deal with popping. Have you tried this and if so how did you like it?

Personally I would not load a tune made for standard/classic rockets into a ecu made for the Touring and or the Roadster.

But hey if you do and it locks the ecu up lets us know so knowone else makes the same mistake.

I should have said the 20050 tune is the one that was modified I think by Wayne Tripp ???. It has all that extra words after it about final and decal pop in the title. I got a real nice increase over the 20226 that was in it before. Also I have the Dobeck Performance AFR Plus on it. That really gave it a shot in the arm. Gained 20 HP and 10 TQ just with the Dobeck. Then after testing that, I added in the 20050 final decal pop what a ma bobber tune. Got 10 more HP and 5 more TQ. What would be the cats meow tune for a 2006 standard with Tors, Cat Eliminator, and Dobeck AFR Plus be these days ?

What hot rod TuneEcu tune is recommended for a 2008 Touring with Tors ?

Bill.

Personally I would not load a tune made for standard/classic rockets into a ecu made for the Touring and or the Roadster.

But hey if you do and it locks the ecu up lets us know so knowone else makes the same mistake.

I think you're right. Didn't even the first tourings have ignition tables labelled Ign(TP) and ign(map)?

I think you're right. Didn't even the first tourings have ignition tables labelled Ign(TP) and ign(map)?

OK this next posting is just my opinion which does not count for ****ski. I have botice a difference between the tune boy programs and the tune ecu programs to be specifice there seemes tobe timing changes on the Ltable and F tables in the une boy prgrames and not the tunes ecu programs. I can neather confirm or deny which program closley mimmics the acuall Triumoh program. I can however point out what I believe to be some advantages of the tune boy/tune edit program that is either part of the triumph program or not. Th eforst being in tune boy you have timing control in the Lamba tabkea=s abd the F ueling tables. Not so in tune ecu. My opinion would be is Tube edit is the bomb and tune ecu it the generic crap that is better then having to pay money for a real tune=ing program/software. In a sense the best ytou can get for hacked software but yet not the real thing, Kind of likwe a pocket puss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wet but still loose:D
Your call as to what you like!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back