Triumph Quit Ignoring Your Ignition Problems

I had the ignition problem too...I thought i was stranded about 70 miles from home, but i wiggled the wires under the ignition, seen that i could get it powered up, tied the wires to the small metal frame that is under the triple tree and rode home, i then called the dealer and they replaced the ignition and all other lock sets (so i would have the same key for everything....instead of two), no cost to me....well hey i'm out 3 small tie wraps...

Until you reroute the lights from going through the ignition switch, it will happen again.

Not unless you want to. It simply relieves the ignition module of the high current of the lights. There is a switched option if you want it (good for doing maintenance without draining battery).

Not unless you want to. It simply relieves the ignition module of the high current of the lights. There is a switched option if you want it (good for doing maintenance without draining battery).

I can't imagine why anyone would switch their light off anymore as I think it is against the law and required to have the light on now days. As for service, if you have the EB installed you can just pull the power fuse on the EB Kit. The relays will energize, but no power to the light.

I figure by now everyone had installed or was going to install the Eastern Beaver relay kit to take the headlight current off the switch. So many posts and so much information to digest. I even put it on my touring just to be safe, but it did make the light slightly brighter.

Eastern Beaver? Here...

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Triumph/triumph.html

I agree. But, do not think installing the EB will absolutely the built in problems of the ignition switches provided by Triumph. Not only do the switches fail from excessive current being routed through the them but also from defective solder joints. The workmanship on the two switches I have had experience with was lacking. I have seen bad solder joints (cold) on the lug contacts inside.

I'm glad I saw this thread. When I passed my 07 Classic on to my son I gave him the still in the box Eastern Beaver kit along with Mexican's tutorial on how to install it. I asked him just the other day if he'd done so yet and he had not. I'll be visiting him in Maryland the last two weeks of March so will put it on my "must do" list. IDK lives not far from not far from my son so hopefully he will provide the installation oversight.

And I too cannot understand why Triumph continues on with this defective ignition system when the fix is so easy.

Back