Triumph mechanic close to S. Ark?

fatboyslim

.040 Over
Ride
2007 rocket classic, D&D slip ons, corbin seat, clearview recurve 25" shield, progressive 440s, ram air filter, exedra 240/55 rear, rideon TPS.
Sweet Lord!! I like my rocket. I need a shop that can work on it.

I used the triumph dealer finder. I called and talked to the service department three separate times about needing the valves, cam chain, cam chain adjuster checked. I explained that i would be making a 425 mile round trip so i needed a dedicated mechanic to do the work in one day.

I was assured that it could be done.

I jump through hoops to be there by 0830 (trailering the bike so the engine would be cold). The guy at the service desk fills out the work order and assures me he has a good man standing by to get it done.

I go to the waiting area. Just before lunch, the service guy comes to me and says they wont get it done that day because they dont have any gaskets. It will be three days to get gaskets.

This "dealer" doesnt keep triumph parts in stock. They order them as they need them.

I drove home and will be making another 425 mile trip hopefully next week.

Someone please recommend an old school motorcycle shop. Within vicksburg- shreveport/littlerock-monroe area.

No help here; BUT, I feel for ya!
That misadventure SURE SUX BIG!!!!

Sweet Lord!! I like my rocket. I need a shop that can work on it.

I used the triumph dealer finder. I called and talked to the service department three separate times about needing the valves, cam chain, cam chain adjuster checked. I explained that i would be making a 425 mile round trip so i needed a dedicated mechanic to do the work in one day.

I was assured that it could be done.

I jump through hoops to be there by 0830 (trailering the bike so the engine would be cold). The guy at the service desk fills out the work order and assures me he has a good man standing by to get it done.

I go to the waiting area. Just before lunch, the service guy comes to me and says they wont get it done that day because they dont have any gaskets. It will be three days to get gaskets.

This "dealer" doesnt keep triumph parts in stock. They order them as they need them.

I drove home and will be making another 425 mile trip hopefully next week.

Someone please recommend an old school motorcycle shop. Within vicksburg- shreveport/littlerock-monroe area.
How many Miles are on it?
If it is under 20,000 I would not sweat it.
Oh an dwhere in South Arkansas are you? If you do not mind me asking?

No help here; BUT, I feel for ya!
That misadventure SURE SUX BIG!!!!

Yeah that really sucks, that's got to be a 6 hour trip each way towing the bike?, I though i was inconvenienced living an hours ride away...

Its always the time wasted that gets me, especially seeing you let them know too bad planning on their behalf.

How many Miles are on it?
If it is under 20,000 I would not sweat it.
Oh an dwhere in South Arkansas are you? If you do not mind me asking?
23k. Going on a 12 day ride at the end of the month. I ve got a little loose metal rattle that started about 20k that is worrying me. And im outside of el dorado.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let me give you some advice or input on what else you should look for. The first being does the dealer have a shim kit because if not there is what another three days wait? You should call and ask him. Also do you know if your bike has ever had the update kit installed on it? Don;t freak out I am just asking there are plenty out there that have not had it.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let me give you some advice or input on what else you should look for. The first being does the dealer have a shim kit because if not there is what another three days wait? You should call and ask him. Also do you know if your bike has ever had the update kit installed on it? Don;t freak out I am just asking there are plenty out there that have not had it.
IDK about the update. What is involved? Ive had the bike about 3 1/2 years. 4k miles on it when i acquired.

Most bike shops in Aussie only order the parts as needed also, very time consuming, but you would think they would look up (given that you gave them heaps of notice) the parts you need and pre order them ready for the job, thinking ahead seems to be a trait people just can not and will not comprehend these days...

IDK about the update. What is involved? Ive had the bike about 3 1/2 years. 4k miles on it when i acquired.
I was just curious because if your going to pull the cams to change some of the shims, you might as well install the updated cam chain guide.

They are called
blade,cam chain, rubbing,PA66. part number T1142055
blade,cam chain Tensioner, Alu part number T1142048

I would also have the gauge, cam chain Tensioner part number T3880068

the gauge can be omitted if you can measure with a caliper of depth micrometer and you can make the spacer instead of buying it. If you do not have these abilities I would buy one and keep it. If it does not need to go in then I would take it home and later on you might need to add it as the chain stretches. Now in the kit they also changed the lower crank gear. Mostly the early 04 and 05 models needed it. I have seen a bunch that were alright. I think they replaced them because they got into a bad batch that were not properly heat treated and the key way wallered out. Again Yours might be just fine. They also changed the clutch springs with part number T1171201. I am not sure what they cost but since the front is open you might as well change them. The good thing about these springs is I have a extra set if you want them I can drop them in the mail to you as I will never use them. I might also have the cam chain gauge I can also send. If you need the spacer it can be made from the shank of a 10 mm bolt. The shank or spacer should be .393" in diameter .355" long.

I was just curious because if your going to pull the cams to change some of the shims, you might as well install the updated cam chain guide.

They are called
blade,cam chain, rubbing,PA66. part number T1142055
blade,cam chain Tensioner, Alu part number T1142048

I would also have the gauge, cam chain Tensioner part number T3880068

the gauge can be omitted if you can measure with a caliper of depth micrometer and you can make the spacer instead of buying it. If you do not have these abilities I would buy one and keep it. If it does not need to go in then I would take it home and later on you might need to add it as the chain stretches. Now in the kit they also changed the lower crank gear. Mostly the early 04 and 05 models needed it. I have seen a bunch that were alright. I think they replaced them because they got into a bad batch that were not properly heat treated and the key way wallered out. Again Yours might be just fine. They also changed the clutch springs with part number T1171201. I am not sure what they cost but since the front is open you might as well change them. The good thing about these springs is I have a extra set if you want them I can drop them in the mail to you as I will never use them. I might also have the cam chain gauge I can also send. If you need the spacer it can be made from the shank of a 10 mm bolt. The shank or spacer should be .393" in diameter .355" long.
If this update was done by a dealer would the dealers computer show it based on VIN? Was the update kit based on a recall?

Back