LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
Is there anyone here who has the Triumph Gel Seat on their touring bike. If so, what do you think of it?

Yes, and I love it. I am typically a Corbin guy, but I have been impressed with the Gel seat and it is good for long touring rides IMHO.

Here's what I have, with the riders back rest. Looks better than the stock setup I think, and a bit more comfortable.

HOME ACCESSORIES LONG HAUL TOURING SEAT

LONG HAUL TOURING SEAT
Item # T2302130
Description
The dual Triumph Long Haul Touring Seat (T2302130) provides superior comfort for longer rides and can be installed with Adjustable Rider Backrest (A9708158). Due to the size/weight of this item, a $25 handling fee will be included.

Features / Technical Information
Reviews

SKU #T2302130

Quantity:
Price $450.00

FULL SCREEN

Recommended Products
http://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/backrests/id-A9708158/Long_Haul_Rider_Backrest

I think I like the backrest seat the best but I read that it is also wider and I didn't want it wider so I got the Gel Seat. I was fine with the stock seat but I had the 500 dollar coupon and since I don't need a helmet or clothing I got the Gel seat just for the hell of it. I put it on today and I'll try it out in the morning. I'm not expecting a big difference. I only had so long to use the coupon so it was an impulse.

I think I like the backrest seat the best but I read that it is also wider and I didn't want it wider so I got the Gel Seat. I was fine with the stock seat but I had the 500 dollar coupon and since I don't need a helmet or clothing I got the Gel seat just for the hell of it. I put it on today and I'll try it out in the morning. I'm not expecting a big difference. I only had so long to use the coupon so it was an impulse.

I rode with the new Gel Seat on the bike tonight just to try it out. It might have been a little better but I didn't feel any big difference, it was not worse. I'm happy with it but I was also happy with the stock one. Maybe on a long ride this one will be better than the stock one would have been. I haven't went on a long ride yet.

I rode with the new Gel Seat on the bike tonight just to try it out. It might have been a little better but I didn't feel any big difference, it was not worse. I'm happy with it but I was also happy with the stock one. Maybe on a long ride this one will be better than the stock one would have been. I haven't went on a long ride yet.

I'm almost POSITIVE that I have the Gel Seat. I bought my bike used, but it sure feels like gel. And it's **** COMFY! My butt used to go numb after about 5 hours on my Harley Fatboy (and that was with an aftermarket seat). This Rocket? Hell...it's just perfect. I can go all day with no discomfort butt wise....shoulders now are another story :)

I've got the one piece dual tour seat (maybe gel?) and the rider backrest... not a bad setup, but my fat arse is about 230 lb, so I'd like to end up with a stiffer seat that's got a larger, flatter section in it. As is, this seat puts a lot of pressure on my sciatic nerves and numbs my legs out after a couple hundred miles. Not that I'm particularly cough well-endowed cough, but I have to be careful that my jewels don't get smashed up front either. Seat is not an ideal shape for the male anatomy...

Back