Glad that is all it was. There is a tendency for us to believe that when the bike runs bad it must be something horribly complicated and expensive. More often than not though it is something very simple. Also glad to see the TPS's vindicated.....again.

On the contrary.. I am PO'ed now.. I just spent $480 something dollars for them to supposedly find a vacuum leak that did not fix the problem. The bike idled like crap when I picked it up, but did not surge when I road it home, so I figured atleast that was good (I blamed the poor running on the TORs tune they loaded) and I can now load a map..

Well, I got home and loaded the one TuneECU tune I did have success with for a while, hoping that since they "fixed" my bike that the tune would hold again, and all would be well. But no.. I am now back to square one.. rough to no idle and running terribly.

Just a Suggestion Dave

Pull the entire stepper motor and bracket and see what happens. Even if you back the stepper off there is still a lobe on the bracket itself. I tried pulling the motor only and on the first start up the bracket lobe was hanging and causing a hell of a high idle. Only four screws and a quick manual set adjustment on the throttle stop. Since our bikes have mirrored each other through the years with this issue, may be worth a shot. I am happy now since mine is running great with the stepper motor in the air cleaner box. Good luck Dave.......

Pull the entire stepper motor and bracket and see what happens. Even if you back the stepper off there is still a lobe on the bracket itself. I tried pulling the motor only and on the first start up the bracket lobe was hanging and causing a hell of a high idle. Only four screws and a quick manual set adjustment on the throttle stop. Since our bikes have mirrored each other through the years with this issue, may be worth a shot. I am happy now since mine is running great with the stepper motor in the air cleaner box. Good luck Dave.......

Do you mean the Idle Air Control motor nearest the radiator on the side of the throttle bodies? Does your "check engine" light come on by doing this?? That means no more high idle for warm up on cold days, too. Right?

I also have an intermittent idle problem. It will die unless I keep a light twist on the throttle. The bike came with an O2 delete kit. After learning to use TuneECU I noticed the O2 was "checked" on the program. I unchecked it and IMMEDIATELY the bike ran great. A week later I bought an O2 sensor and re-"checked" it in the program. Still ran great w/ perfect idle. Last week after an all day ride, it progressively learned to run ****ty again at idle or very low throttle.

The big puzzler for me is: why no "check engine" light??? Intermittent problems are the worst :(

One question... Do I have this right? When resetting the TPS after loading a tune. You turn the ignition off, then back on.. then wait for 10 seconds.. then back off again.. then back on.. Then click "Reset TPS".. Then you can start the bike and let it idle..

Is this right????

One question... Do I have this right? When resetting the TPS after loading a tune. You turn the ignition off, then back on.. then wait for 10 seconds.. then back off again.. then back on.. Then click "Reset TPS".. Then you can start the bike and let it idle..

Is this right????
I think thats pretty much what i did except i waited for ten sec both on and off just to be sure also before clicking reset tps make sure the little green light comes on down on the right hand side at the bottom to say your ecu is connected again it will be red then amber then green .
Once that is green then click reset tps start the bike and let it idle and wait for the tps light to go green.
Atleast thats how i understand it.
Once thats done might be a idea to switch over to diagnostics mode and see if your throttle boddies are all in sync

Back