I tow a Cargomate, it's fairly large, you cannot tell you are towing it unless you look in your mirrors. I thought I had a picture, but it's in my other computer, sorry.

I went out and snapped a couple pics for you, I love mine, best investment for Rocket yet, as we like to camp.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 399
I have a 17 cubic foot alumaklm trailer I connect through a Bushmaster hitch. Pinky to trailer: http:/ http://www.alumaklm.com/motorcycle-trailers/item/51-mctxl-towable-motorcycle-trailer.html

With a cooler full of sodas and ice and a few gallons of water inside as well as all our clothing and camping gear (a few folding camp chairs too, sometimes on top), I honestly can say I don't even know its there. The bike accelerates the same, and as far as stopping I usually use the engine with the brakes so it doesn't push too much. Even with just the brakes it isn't too bad.

I was very surprised to find that it didn't affect the handling any either. I thought it would, but no change.

I must say that the best part of the whole thing is we don't look like gypsies riding down the road now. The saddle bags are open for miscellaneous stuff now too. And we get to haul our friends extra too which is always nice.

If you are worried, don't be. Definitely do the trailer. Best road tripping investment I have ever made.

I borrowed this trailer from my brother. The only thing you got to watch is using the rear brake (just don't). If you like going sideways and getting all out of shape a scary speeds, use the rear brake all you want. Notice I have car tire on the rear and that didn't stop it from going sideways when I got too much rear brake applied. God help you on a 180 spec Metz.:eek:

I borrowed this trailer from my brother. The only thing you got to watch is using the rear brake (just don't). If you like going sideways and getting all out of shape a scary speeds, use the rear brake all you want. Notice I have car tire on the rear and that didn't stop it from going sideways when I got too much rear brake applied. God help you on a 180 spec Metz.:eek:

What the heck does it weigh? I never notice mine, even fully loaded with a large cooler of beer

What the heck does it weigh? I never notice mine, even fully loaded with a large cooler of beer

I only used it for the one trip, it was over 200 pounds of stuff inside the box. Pulling I never noticed it at all (including going through the West Virgia mountains). It was on I-70 in Missouri when the herd slowed down, then did the accordian (where everyone had to slam on brakes) that I got a taste of rear wheel lockup with front brake appplied.:eek:

Engine braking will help slow you quicker in a panic and prevent the back tire from locking up.

My dad has towed pop-up campers with his goldwings as well as cargo trailers. He has even towed his utility trailer with the wi.g. he hauled household stuff on it to his storage unit. Never once has he ever said anything to me about having troubles.

Engine braking will help slow you quicker in a panic and prevent the back tire from locking up.

My dad has towed pop-up campers with his goldwings as well as cargo trailers. He has even towed his utility trailer with the wi.g. he hauled household stuff on it to his storage unit. Never once has he ever said anything to me about having troubles.

Those Gold Wings tow some pretty large trailers...:D

Goldwing camper - YouTube

Back