TOR's for early 2103 R3R

LiteFiter

Stock Early 2013 R3R: VIN #555036/Upstate NY
Ride
2013 Roadster: "65" Triumph T120 Custom Chop: "79" Yamaha XS 1100
I am planning on purchasing a set of TOR's this spring. However, money will be tight, wife retiring, and I want to be sure what I am doing. I also want the manifold upgrade but the numbers are throwing me off. The exhaust number for mine is #A9608077, the only upgrade kit is #A9600160, but there is a caveat listed with it that says it only fits exhaust #A968060. What am I missing? Also, I will probably not do much more that add either a K&N or Ram Air kit at some point down the line. Is it worth spending the money for a Commander or something similar? Or will the dealer tunes be sufficient. Thanks for your help.

I am planning on purchasing a set of TOR's this spring. However, money will be tight, wife retiring, and I want to be sure what I am doing. I also want the manifold upgrade but the numbers are throwing me off. The exhaust number for mine is #A9608077, the only upgrade kit is #A9600160, but there is a caveat listed with it that says it only fits exhaust #A968060. What am I missing? Also, I will probably not do much more that add either a K&N or Ram Air kit at some point down the line. Is it worth spending the money for a Commander or something similar? Or will the dealer tunes be sufficient. Thanks for your help.

1. Put you bike details under your avatar. I know you put it in the thread topic but it will be much easier all round if you list it under your avatar.
2. A simple search shows that the manifold upgrade is for an earlier model with 3 pipes, so won't fit a Roadster. I'm not ever certain the Triumph does an "upgrade" for the Roadster but no doubt someone can confirm that.
3. One of the sets of pipes you listed seem to be for a Touring although the part number you listed is missing a digit so I took a guess. The first pipes you listed indeed seem to be the correct ones for a Roadster.

You don't really need the manifold upgrade with a Roadster, although it perhaps makes a small difference (I don't know for sure) because the cats are in the stock pipes and TORs have no cats. If you have the correct pipes on order you should be fine. Staintune do a crossover pipe for the Roadster but it's a lot of money for a simple bit of pipe.

I think the cat is in the cross over that's why you need that the exhaust in that model had no cats in them?

The tors for roadsters eliminate the cats in the mufflers. The cross over pipe/box is empty with just some baffles.

Older rocket tors had the free flowing mufflers and the replacement cross over pipe that eliminate the catbox.

Thanks to all who replied! CanberraR3R, thanks for the profile suggestion, fixed that. Ordering pipes next 2 weeks! Y'all ride safe!

I think the cat is in the cross over that's why you need that the exhaust in that model had no cats in them?

Yes. 3 pipe bikes ie pre Roadster, have a cat box which also is the collector/crossover. Replacing that with either the Triumph "upgrade" or a Staintune crossover makes a big difference. The pipes have no cat so just installing TORS only gives a moderate improvement in performance. On the Roadster (and I presume the Touring) the crossover is empty except for some baffling. Replacing that makes very little difference. The cats are in the mufflers, so installing TORS alone eliminates the cats. There seems little sense spending hundreds on a crossover to replace an empty crossover on a Roadster.

Last question, can I do the install then bring to dealer for tune?

Back