Tire question (please don't shoot me)

jthree

Turbocharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
I have searched here but cannot find the specific answer.

I have a relatively new Metzeler on the front and am now in need of a rear. The guy at shop I go to is a bit of a stickler for matching brands. I've read good things about the Bridgestone rear tire so my question is...

Is it OK to match a Bridgestone rear with a Metz front?

If you pair radial with radial the need to match tires is pretty much nil. What you want to avoid doing without lots of thought is match radial and bias ply. That too can work but it shouldn't be done quite as lightly.

I've recently become a major Avon Cobra convert over here, simply because of the way they handle and ride.

One more question... The Bridgestone appears to be a 55 as opposed to a 50 is that and issue?

Yes... But a good one... It slightly changes the angle of the bike and improves handling but does not prevent the ABS form working correctly...

Perfect, thanks for all the quick responses guys. Bridgestone it is. I just have to go arrange the mortgage now :)

If you do not have ABS on your sled, then you could match the Exedra Max on the rear with their 130 Ex. Max radial up front. It not only improves turn-in, tracking and handling, but your bike will feel about 200 lbs. lighter!

Back