tire changing setup.

Opinion

• Total voters

nolton

Living Legend
Ride
2009 black standard
Anyone use one of these for a rocket tire?

Opinions welcome.
Paid $35 yesterday for just having a tire mounted.
Not again !!!

image.jpg

$140 on ebay

Anyone use one of these for a rocket tire?

Opinions welcome.
Paid $35 yesterday for just having a tire mounted.
Not again !!!

image.jpg

$140 on ebay

Yes, I did the last time I changed the tires on my R3T -- about four months ago. It was the first time I had dismounted old tires and then mounted new tires on wheels for a motorcycle. It was an epic battle and I think my wife thought I was totally nuts. But I learned some things and the next time (and there will be a next time) will not be as difficult. There are a few videos available on You Tube that will give you some pointers.

Yes, I did the last time I changed the tires on my R3T -- about four months ago. It was the first time I had dismounted old tires and then mounted new tires on wheels for a motorcycle. It was an epic battle and I think my wife thought I was totally nuts. But I learned some things and the next time (and there will be a next time) will not be as difficult. There are a few videos available on You Tube that will give you some pointers.

Post one here please.

I use a cycle hill tire changer that looks similar to that one. Getting the rear wheel off the Voyager is the biggest pain.
But the changer is a PIA too.

So far I've only changed bias tires with a stiffer sidewall; so I'm hoping the radials on the Rocket are easier.

Scott

Last edited:
My last 3 bikes have had a 240 rear tire. One thing I've learned is that a reciprocating saw is the easiest way to get the tire off of the rim. Once you cut one side and get it off, the other is easy. Putting them on is a bit of a challenge. A little soapy water helps though.

That looks like the HF set up. I was thinking of getting one. Are they any good?

I just bought one anyway, although it will probably be a while before I need it. Last time I tried to buy one they were out of stock. Now they are in stock and have a discount coupon.

Back