Thunder by the Bay - Sarasota - 1/9 - 1/12/2014

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
OK Florida Captains!

Next weekend, January 9-12, 2014, is the annual Thunder by the Bay rally in Sarasota. I rode over last year (as a day ride) and found it was good enough to go back again this year.

Thunder By The Bay Motorcycle Festival
Sarasota Rocks as Thunder Rolls!
January 9 - 12, 2014

Assuming there's no rain - I'm going to ride over for the day next Saturday. It's about a 4 hour ride from my house near Ft. Lauderdale across the state to Sarasota - about 250 miles. So I'll ride about 500 miles for the day and spend about 5 hours at the rally.

Any of you interested in meeting up over there?

Any interest in meeting in Sarasota on Saturday? I figure to be there between 1000 AM and 300 PM, at which time I'll be heading home.

Depending on how I'm feeling. I've been under the weather, was getting better then the misses got sick and dragged me down with her. :(

looking like the place to meet... no rain in the forecast... where to meet up?
This isn't like Daytona - with multiple venues. Rally only covers a few square blocks. I don't know the street names, but there is a small park next to where they set up the stage for the bands last year, that might be a possible meeting point. I'll send you my name and cell number in a private conversation and we can keep in touch and coordinate that way.

Heading down there today, feeling better. If anyone is going today look for a big Latin guy in a Triumph tshirt (or jacket depending on the weather)

Back