Throttlemeister

Pres10

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
I installed a Throttlemeister this weekend and it works great. I bought the heavy weight 14 oz. weights and they also stop a lot of high speed vibration in the handlebars.

So far, I am well pleased.

I have been riding with the Kaoko Throttle Lock which I think works similarly and have been pleased with it as well.

I have a throttle lock, which is actually good for short periods to give right hand a rest or adjust something. One time I was cruising at about 120 km/h with the throttle lock on when a car decided to change lanes right in front of me. Immediate reaction was to grab the brake. Front wheel locked and the rear kept driving. Have no idea how I stayed up (or missed the car) but I sure felt like I was going down.. Reckon anything that isn't cancelled by the brakes is risky. In a panic situation you either don't have time or the presence of mind to turn the throttle lock off in that first instant. I now only use it as intended - very briefly. Not sure how throttlemeister works so I'm not having a go at it; just putting this out there.

That's what I use it for is to give my right hand a break once in a while. I've ridden 1000 plus miles in the last two days and I really like the heavy weight ends. They do a great job of canceling vibration. Not that it was bad before but the mirrors are much clearer at high speed.

I have a throttle lock, which is actually good for short periods to give right hand a rest or adjust something. One time I was cruising at about 120 km/h with the throttle lock on when a car decided to change lanes right in front of me. Immediate reaction was to grab the brake. Front wheel locked and the rear kept driving. Have no idea how I stayed up (or missed the car) but I sure felt like I was going down.. Reckon anything that isn't cancelled by the brakes is risky. In a panic situation you either don't have time or the presence of mind to turn the throttle lock off in that first instant. I now only use it as intended - very briefly. Not sure how throttlemeister works so I'm not having a go at it; just putting this out there.

I agree.In traffic accidents ,a tenths of a second counts. I had one of the Kaoko type and its sitting in my box of parts(for sale if anyone is interested)
I sometimes use a throttle lever but thats a pain in city traffic

Thing I like about the Kaoko is the raised bits to grab on to operate it. More positive than the smooth-surfaced Throttlemeister, and quicker to "bump" off if you need to. Also find that big hands in gloves tend to slowly screw the Throttlemeister on further and further and you find it half on when you didn't want it to be.

Throttlemeiser

I had the twist lock one on my Triumph Tiger 800 XC. Didn't care for it to much, easy to get into a bind with it, good on big roads not so good on back roads with hogs (4 legged kind) pooping out once in a while.

I have one of thees now and it is the best I have used without going to a electronic cruse control. Little time consuming to install but well worth the $189.00 and time to set up.

BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control

Highly recomended :D:D:D:D:D

I had the twist lock one on my Triumph Tiger 800 XC. Didn't care for it to much, easy to get into a bind with it, good on big roads not so good on back roads with hogs (4 legged kind) pooping out once in a while.

I have one of thees now and it is the best I have used without going to a electronic cruse control. Little time consuming to install but well worth the $189.00 and time to set up.

BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control

Highly recomended :D:D:D:D:D
A big +1 on the BrakeAway, the safest throttle lock out there, as like an electronic cruise-control JUST ONE touch of the front brake and it releases Instantly :D

Back