throttle response over 4k

bbach

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
I'm totally new to Triumph. Love my Rocket 3 so far but unhappy with the throttle. Seems like there is very little left at the higher end of the rpms. My little Yamaha FJR just kept shooting up the higher the revs I gave it. I loved the feel of that. I have the tuneecu app on my android and a cable on the way. Questions:

1. Do I need to update drivers for the cable on an android as I would for a laptop?
2. Is there a map I can download to improve throttle response throughout the rpm spectrum and increase hp and torque as well?

I do understand the possibility of voiding the warranty so those warnings are not necessary. I'm a big boy (well kind of old and skinny actually) and I take responsibility for all my own actions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty new to the tuneecu world as well. I had a power commander V on my Harley, which I played with only a little. Once I had a map installed for my big bore kit, I pretty much left it alone.

Hope this has not been asked too many times. It's always a risk when you first join a forum.

Thanks!!!

The power mods that you do in the ECU wont really amount to a lot...
The single biggest improvement would be replacing the exhaust system (The Whole lot) with a CES or Reband or Carpenter.
Exhaust + Air Filters + Tune should give you 160hp+.....
LET HER BREATH ----
Reband
20130607_153115.jpg
20130607_153421.jpg

I kind of like the stock exhaust. Definitely not seeking louder. I'll have to think about what I can do with power later. Maybe my goal right now is to improve the overall throttle feel. Am I the only one that feels the rocket kind of craps out over 4,000 rpm, especially in the lower gears? Too new of a bike yet for me to really stretch it out. Still breaking it in. But as I begin to take it up there, it just seems like I should just shift about 3500 - 4000 to really keep this thing in it's power band.

The stock pipes are the most limiting factor to high end performance. With the cat converter in each side, flow is severely restricted. At minimum you can opt for the Triumph Off-Road pipes (TORs) or go for one of the others previously mentioned. None will void your warranty.

The next step is to open up the intake side. The triple pod filters are an easy install with the side benefit of making any future under-tank maintenance a hundred times easier.

The key to high end power is flow. With a choking snorkel on the intake and the fur balls in the exhaust, what can you expect?

I think you need to change your idea about what the rocket is as far as performance goes... It's got a huge amount of Torque from the bottom end, you can change gears earlier and still go flying... The performance your describing is something that is common with Inline 4's and Smaller engines that need a lot of RPM, you get the "Rush" after going past 6000RPM for example... I test rode a Triumph Tiger Explorer with the 1200cc I3 and it was like this, it kept pulling and pulling and it was great! 135HP. this bike in its stock form isnt like that... It just has different characteristics, but I can agree with you it would be nice to feel it keep pulling harder and harder as the RPMS go up.. but you'll want to look into something else for that kind of effect. I dont want to add pipes and air intakes to my bike as it cost a lot of money but I've come to accept this is what it is.

Do the Reband headers lead to a 3-1 or 2-1 + 1-1 system? (Is there a muffler on both sides of the bike, or just 1 on the right side?)

Back