Throttle Cable Oil McCruise Install

I bought some from a HD dealer because it was "exactly the right stuff" and then read the back of the bottle...manufacturer was listed as the Singer sewing machine co. It did however have the little needle on the bottle that comes in handy for getting the oil inside the armor on the cables which I'm sure made it worth three times as much. I would say 3 in 1 would probably work just fine

Well...already did 3 and 1 and buttoned it up. Next time.

Now my issue is trying to get the threads on the throttle to thread into the CIU for the McCruise. They crimp the threads on the factory cable. I have run one of the nuts over it over and over,and itbis still a bit oblong shape and the fuxter will not thread into the plastic threads in the CIU. Would have better if this was metal.

Also looks like I am going to have to pull all the wires out of the computer to thread the harness up through the frame area towards the battery and reattach the wires. There is a color coded wire diagram. Guess it will be ok if I remember which side is up:D Only option I think will work.

Criminy, after running both nuts over it with the top one several times I finally got the fuxter to thread. Its the little things that make something relatively simple a bizitch!!!

Back