thinking of buying a roadster

get the new beast and get her out on the Andrews Hwy and open her up. First curve at mile 50 or so...

Hey,thats a good idea. :D

If your in Odessa follow loop 338 north, its good for 90 plus on the turns, not bad. :eek:

Sounds like you've been out here. If your out this way we are a group of christian riders. We ride every sunday at 2:30 from Stonegate Church. We have fun and go eat afterwords. I just got back from a short ride to nowhere in particular and sat down to post. We are planning a ride to the Ozarks sometime in the spring, I cant wait.

Speaking of opening her up, any recommendations on break-in period? I would like to ride like I stole her. Good idea or not?

I should have said Lamesa Hwy (349N). One curve in 50 miles. You should be able to reach flight speed.

Last time out in Midland was in 1983 working a summer job for Texas Electric Service Company (now Oncor?).

You know how to tell if a woman is a true West Texas Lady? She holds on to her hair before she holds down her dress. ba-dum-dump.

Others will have to chime in on the break-in period. I bought mine used.

I am smitten.

Im in love.

Her curvey, robust, ample perfectly round upper tank just makes you want a big hug.
I guess that makes me a tank man.
I want her to take me places I have never been and she seems to call me, beckon me to join her in spur of the moment rides neither of us know where we will end up.
We could be gone for just a few wonderful moments to hours to days away from everything and everyone.
Just the two of us, happy, enjoying life wanting it to never end.
I live for her company,
I have to have her.
She is mine.

Now that's some love poetry. :)

If he went any further the post would have had to go on the Final Drive forum:D.

Dennis

36 dtg Dubai
37 dtg Thunderbird'n time

151 dtg Dubai
152 dtg HOME for good!

Thanks T

I got to test ride the R3 yesterday and I love it. Its gonna be my next bike. I'm looking into what it will take me to lower it just a bit cause I'm tippy toe on the bike now. Even so it felt very comfortable to be on it.

The ride is very different from the 9. Its more upright and feels like it would be great on long rides. Cant wait to try it out.

Im finding that forums like these on your favorite bike are priceless. The comradery and useful information you find is the culmination of lifetimes.

Thanks yall,
Ramon

I have the progressive 11.5" on my Rocket(std is 12.5) when i ordered my corbin seat I asked them to scoop at least 1/2" out and narrow the seat a bit, it helped greatly .

I have the progressive 11.5" on my Rocket(std is 12.5) when i ordered my corbin seat I asked them to scoop at least 1/2" out and narrow the seat a bit, it helped greatly .

Thanks Scott,

I was wondering if they would make a diiferance. That will be the first purchase to get me more flat footed.

Back