Thinking about a little more power. Exhaust Questions

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Guys! I think I am ready to add a little more power to my 2012 Roadster.

Right now its as bone stock as you can get, but I've always put aftermarket exhausts on all my bikes because I like the sound improvement. I can't find any other exhaust for the Rocket other then the TORS that I like best, it keeps the look of the stock configuration which I prefer.

On a Rocket with just Tors, which air upgrade would be best considering I want to just keep the stock look. I'm looking for the most simple and easy solution.

How much power does a Rocket with Air and Exhaust upgrade make compared to stock? I think my bike runs pretty great as it is but... I Feel like I want a little more oomph. Ever since I rode a Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 I've been amazed at how good a bike with 160 horses can feel, and the rocket doesn't feel like that right now... Im not looking for 200 or 240 horsepower, but a big improvement over stock that will definitely make me smile.

Thanks for the tips!

Triple K&N 2780s and TORs WITH a proper dyno tune should give you the boost you are after.
My 2012 R3R had that and it was a very noticeable improvement.
I now run the CES header system with the K&N 2780s and dynoed at 158 hp versus the stock 120 HP or so.

Triple K&N 2780s and TORs WITH a proper dyno tune should give you the boost you are after.
I now run the CES header system with the K&N 2780s and dynoed at 158 hp versus the stock 120 HP or so.

Hi 1olbull,

I don't want to spend the money on a "Proper Dyno" tune... its a little more expense then I need, I also am not aware of anyone in my city that does something like that. I do have TuneECU and the cable and am willing to upload a already made tune if its available. I just don't have that type of money to throw around, I'm looking to install the exhaust next year MAYBE if I can afford it.

If installing the Exhaust, and Triple K&N's with TuneECU dont provide anything worth while I'll just forget about it. My previous bike (M109R) I installed V&H Pipes, Air filters and a FI2000R to take care of the tuniing and I was quite happy with that.

I wish I had more money but I need to work with what I can afford. Right now I can put away a few bucks every month towards the TORS, which in my country costs $650 after taxes.

you would get even better if you had a Ramair or unifilters (keeping it all under Bear Claw)than the 2780's as they only just cope with airflow

@ricochet if you don't want go a dyno, get which ever air cleaners you want but "Bigger is Better" and get either the Tors or a set of Staintune mufflers ($$$$) they are a sweet sound and loader I can give you a tune to make which never set up you decide on and if you want to go that little bit further get a PCV + AT and run my "AFR Map" in it

@ricochet - @HansO
I ran a tune of Hanso's early on and it worked good for me with the TORs.
Doing an actual dyno yielded me more HP & TQ.
After installing the CES the dyno again yielded yet more HP & TQ.
I am indeed one of the lucky ones that have an expert tuner only an hour away.

you would get even better if you had a Ramair or unifilters (keeping it all under Bear Claw)than the 2780's as they only just cope with airflow
@ricochet if you don't want go a dyno, get which ever air cleaners you want but "Bigger is Better" and get either the Tors or a set of Staintune mufflers ($$$$) they are a sweet sound and loader I can give you a tune to make which never set up you decide on and if you want to go that little bit further get a PCV + AT and run my "AFR Map" in it

M8,
Would you enlighten me with a link regarding the appropriate Uni Filter?

M8,
Would you enlighten me with a link regarding the appropriate Uni Filter?
Here's a link to where you can purchase a Ramair filter direct from the manufacturer. I purchased mine here early last year.
Ramair Filters - TR-111

Use coupon code 10OFF for 10% off your order.

Edit: Oh, Uni Filter, nevermind. Aren't Uni Filters made only to replace the stock filter in the stock location under the seat? :whitstling:

Last edited:
Back