There's always one .....

Bob T

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
So yesterday a group of us went out for a 200m ride out from Las Vegas to Oatman AZ and back. I was on the R3T and we had about 14 HD's and 1 Gold Wing. All was good and well behaved for the most part, until we headed out of Laughlin where there is a cool stretch of road with long twisties and good, smooth, wide roads. Well the Honda took off, so to no-ones amazement I high tailed after him. It was pretty easy to stay on his tail and at the end of the 10 mile run I gave him a friendly wave and slowed down for the pack to catch up. The wife was in the pack, so you understand why I waited. Well later on, the aforementioned wife waved me on to go have some fun, so I wound the Rocket up to its happy speed and started to pass everyone in my way, including more bikes. Then it happened. I came up on 2 bikes and one happened to be a VMAX. I knew what was going to happen, and soon after I saw his headlight peeling out and hunting me down. So he passed me, then pulled over and slowed to be with his riding partner. I did wave, but not so friendly as my bubble was burst. But then I realized that he probably wasn't going to make it to the next gas station, so I cheered up a lot :) Yup, gotta love my Rocket!

There is money to be made if someone could design and manufacture a long range tank for the VMAX I recon.

I think I know where there might be a Rocket or two that could not only out distance that VMax but could chew it up and spit it out with a big ole smile. Al

Back