The Bad Penny Returns

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I just came back from the new dealer here in OKC. They started out as just BMW but now carry Triumph & Ducati . I was looking at the 2015 R3s. Only have them in Black. Do not like that color.
Looks as if they made quite a few changes since my early 2006.
When did they get the majority of the bugs worked out. I still love the way they ride , and the price is right. I'll look for a used one . Next one I want to ride not work on.

Good to see you back. You are right about the model T thing though. You should be able to get a new year old bike for a lot less money, which could then be used for paint.

Good to have you back onboard .. if it's only a paintjob that's stopping you that's not really a problem I'd have thought. New Roadster with graphite or lighter silver coloured tins would look pretty slick.

Good to see you back. You are right about the model T thing though. You should be able to get a new year old bike for a lot less money, which could then be used for paint.
I am toying with the idea of a 2010 or 11. The Matte Black is not to bad , but I will not take a gloss black. Want to get as far away from the 05 as I can. I figure they have had enough time to get the bugs out. But to be fair, I was the third owner , and found a bunch that were not factory installed.
another thing about the 10 or 11 is the price will be a bit easier to handle. The new roadsters were a bit over 15 K , stripped. Then they tag on another 1000 to 1200 for shipping & prep & paperwork. Of course that is not on the price tag.
Anyhow this will give a chance to catch up, on what's going on.

You can always have it painted any color you wish. Removing the tank, mud guard, fender and side covers isn't as bad as you think. Or you could pay the body man to do it for you. My Roadster was Phantom Black (shiny black) when I bought it. They couldn't find a Matte Black (not shiny) in the states at the time and I got tired of waiting. I got the bike, rode it for a little while and took everything off the bike. Took me about a hour to take everything off. I didn't have to take the parts off but it would've been more money if the painter had to do it. Had it painted the Triumph Matte black. Reinstalled everything myself. The painter charged $300 and did such a good job I gave him a $50 tip. Don't let color stand in the way of riding a bike that you really like.

Back