The avon cobra looked nice but,

Bluemarlin

Supercharged
I just replaced my front tire after only 2500 miles. It was a new Avon Cobra that looked and rode well but it developed a split across the tire at the factory joint. I replaced it with a new Metz and I'm waiting to hear from the Avon rep. The split is perfectly straight and very thin. I was concerned about it coming apart at speed. I am still running a Cobra on the rear and will keep a close eye on it.

That's weird. I'm running Metzler ME880s (Marathons) that I got under the recall. I'm happy with them so far.

I have just passed 15,000 miles on my Avons. They are down close to the wear bars now.. Looks like I know what my Christmas present to myself will be. These are the first tires on the Rocket that I've had last over a year and this many miles. I have 50,278 miles on the Rocket after a trip to Hondo, TX today.. :)

Well, we went to the Hondo Regional Airport for Dawn to take a surprise intro flight in a motorglider.. I kept it a suprise until we met the flight instructor... lol Hondo is also famous for being the place where the John Wayne version of The Alamo was filmed!.. lol

Well, we went to the Hondo Regional Airport for Dawn to take a surprise intro flight in a motorglider.. I kept it a suprise until we met the flight instructor... lol Hondo is also famous for being the place where the John Wayne version of The Alamo was filmed!.. lol
Awesome! Sounds like fun. There was a place close to where I lived in Germany that could launch gliders from the ground. The aiport was pretty high up and they had some kind of catapult in the ground that would sling them like frisbys. Fun to watch.

Back