temperature gauge

pete.triumph

Supercharged
water temperature gauge

just install speed way (brand) a metric water temperature gauge 40c to 120c with an ntc sensor cable tied to the thermostat housing and covered with dense foam for insulation. I used used the clock accessory 3 wire harness to power it center wire is permanently on and one end is - and other end + witch power by ignition switch, I used two end wires to power it. so time to test it ran the engine till the fan cut in 93-95c then temp dropped to 90c when fan cut off. I may cut hose just after thermostat and fit sensor adapter, just have to find right size

Attachments

• Photo0122.jpg
    Photo0122.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Photo0123.jpg
    Photo0123.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 214
hey thanks. I was just thinking about how my bike needs something to monitor the coolant temp. I am going a slightly different route though. I plan on buying a Scangauge II which plugs into the diagnostic port and tells all the parameters the sensors are reporting to the ECU.

ScanGauge II

I used one on a 5300 mile trip last fall and found its many functions extremely useful. The speedometer, mpg, temperature and fuel remaining settings kept me fully apprised of what was happening.

I ran the cable from under the seat to the front by popping it down between the top of the bearclaw and the tank. I attached a couple of rare-earth magnets to the top of the unit and stuck it to the windshield frame. Easy to attach in the morning and remove at night.

scanguage ll

Papa, did the RPM readout work too?
Also, did it plug right in to the Rockets diagnostics plug without any issues?
Only reason I ask is when you order they ask what kind of car you drive, so hope the plug will fit.???
This is cool..it displays horsepower readings too on the new Scangauge models.
ScanGaugeII - Add-A-Gauge

ScanGauge II

All the functions work, including rpm. The unit switches back and forth with my car so the only thing I reset is the engine size (not sure why that is even necessary) and the fuel tank size. When I set it up for the Rocket I usually indicate a 5-gallon tank so I always have that reserve. The dead-on accurate speedometer is nice. And the daily and trip totals and maximums are fun to check out at the end of the day.

A very cleaver instrument ! And if you add a wide band O2 jauge
on your exhaust line , you can "dynoed" your bike without DinoJet
power big instrument !
Only by running at constant and differents speeds and take note
of the A/F ratio then modifying the F table with TuneEcu !
(with all the usual warning of Tune (ECU/Boy) ! = It's not because
it's feasible that you can do it above all if you dont know exactly what
you are doing ! )

Note that you can do the same with Innovatives products with
their A/F jauges but they are a little more expensive !

Magnet mount OK w/Scan Guage?

Am thinking of one of these for my R3 Roadster - you suggest useing magnets to attach the Unit - but most electronic devices say NOT to use them with magnets/magnetic fields:confused: Not a problem in your experience? Cheers!:)

I used one on a 5300 mile trip last fall and found its many functions extremely useful. The speedometer, mpg, temperature and fuel remaining settings kept me fully apprised of what was happening.

I ran the cable from under the seat to the front by popping it down between the top of the bearclaw and the tank. I attached a couple of rare-earth magnets to the top of the unit and stuck it to the windshield frame. Easy to attach in the morning and remove at night.

Magnets OK w/ScanGuage! I called the manufacturer!

:DThe manufacturer says their tech peeps say that the magnet mounting described earlier should not cause any problems.! Cheers.

]Am thinking of one of these for my R3 Roadster - you suggest useing magnets to attach the Unit - but most electronic devices say NOT to use them with magnets/magnetic fields:confused: Not a problem in your experience? Cheers!:)[/QUOTE]

Back