tastie new bits from milan show

travelguy

Turbocharged
besides yamahas , bmws and ktms new models ducati has gone all in on the cruiser market. new motor, frame, etc etc and a bunch of electronic goodies including launch control... this will be an interesting year
it's one sexy beast

EICMA 2015: The Ducati XDiavel Is Your Satanic Power Cruiser

eicma-2015-the-ducati-xdiavel-is-your-satanic-power-cruiser-photo-gallery_23.jpg

besides yamahas , bmws and ktms new models ducati has gone all in on the cruiser market. new motor, frame, etc etc and a bunch of electronic goodies including launch control... this will be an interesting year
it's one sexy beast

EICMA 2015: The Ducati XDiavel Is Your Satanic Power Cruiser

eicma-2015-the-ducati-xdiavel-is-your-satanic-power-cruiser-photo-gallery_23.jpg
I can see myself on that, don't know about Julie sitting up there like a budgie on a perch or my swag and gear for a couple of days. Fairly unpractical bike but no doubt fun.

I think the diavel would be a very fun "cruiser", but not much of a useful one. The guzzi is definitely an interesting looking bike (though I'd rip that fairing off first thing).
Guess I can honestly say neither one is close to replacing the rocket for me though!

I don't understand what's going on with the looks of most of the new bikes these days...everything either looks like a transformer, or it looks like it came straight out of the 1950s...can't we get at least a few models that look modern, without looking like they belong in a sci-fi movie?

Last edited:
I don't understand what's going on with the looks of most of the new bike these days...everything either looks like a transformer, or it looks like it came straight out of the 1950s...can't we get at least a few models that look modern, without looking like they belong in a sci-fi movie?

Probably because most kids buying bikes grew up with transformers, and most of the rest of us buying bikes are from the '50s. Most folks in between are too busy having kids and going to soccer games to buy many bikes.

riding position is standard/naked bike, it makes far more hp than torque, max torque is at 8000rpm... ipso facto it is not a cruiser.

"Underneath all the fancy styling is a new 1,262cc engine that delivers 156 horsepower and 96 lb-ft of torque (130 lb-ft). It's worth noting that peak horsepower is down from 162 hp, despite the Diavel packing a smaller 1198cc block. "

Whoever wrote this should be sacked!

Back