Still not starting in cold whether. Anyone have idea what I can try next.

rocket51

.060 Over
Ride
09 Rocket Touring
I thought I had my problem solved but I don't. In low 30's and below, my rocket touring will not start, it will turn over a few times then nothing. I have gone through 4 batteries, progressively getting more amps. I have doubled the gauge of wire going to starter and ground. I have inspected ignition switch, fuses, and I have cleaned starter switch. The next possibility I can think of is that maybe my starter relay is defective.

Can I get a relay at a autoparts store or do I need to go with original equipment relay?

Anyone have a idea of what else I can do? I want to ride the bike to work but I get off at 11 p.m. and by then it is cold and the bike won't start. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

I thought I had my problem solved but I don't. In low 30's and below, my rocket touring will not start, it will turn over a few times then nothing. I have gone through 4 batteries, progressively getting more amps. I have doubled the gauge of wire going to starter and ground. I have inspected ignition switch, fuses, and I have cleaned starter switch. The next possibility I can think of is that maybe my starter relay is defective.

Can I get a relay at a autoparts store or do I need to go with original equipment relay?

Anyone have a idea of what else I can do? I want to ride the bike to work but I get off at 11 p.m. and by then it is cold and the bike won't start. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

worse come worse spray some starting fluid in the intake tract if your spark plugs are ok that should do it,

I had the same problem with mine! I found if I turned the key on and let the fuel pump cycle then turn the key back off then repeat those steps 3 times on the fourth time I would hit the start button and he would fire right up. Cheaper than buying new batteries!

I have never been able to start my rocket in cold weather, i gave up and quit trying, now i just let thje weather get warm, no problem, i just ride my harley in the mean time:)

I use the adapter that connects to the auxiliary power plug (bmw type) from my "official" Triumph battery charger maintainer and if it's going to be cold overnight I am ready...starts up every morning. It's like a reverse power flow back into the bike keeping the battery fully charged.

I can't belive you went there!!! Wash your computer with hot water and lots of soap!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I treated it like mouse droppings you know like hantavirus. I sprayed it with a mixture of Bleach and water. Dowsed it with boiling water, cooked it in the Microwave for 30 minutes, beat the sh-t out of it with a sledge hammer, poured gas on it and set it on fire! Tomorrow I go to a Doctor for virus testing!:eek:

Back