Standing out in a crowd

Medic

.060 Over
Today I went on a charity ride called Biker's for Babies, sponsored by the March of Dimes. It is a very large event around here, and several thousand bikes always come out for it. I walked around for hours, saw every bike in the event, and I was THE ONLY ROCKET! :cool:

Three of us ride together regularly on rockets and it seems everywhere we go 2 or 3 more turn up. At the larger watering holes for bikes there's always at least 6 or 7. Reckon its something to do with our island being a bit more "compact" than your country.:D

Same thing at Bikes on the Bricks in Flint, MI. I had the only Rocket that I saw there. But then driving through my small town I see a guy filling one up at the gas station.

Sadly I had to attend a very good friends funeral friday past - His name was Ben and he was 20 yrs old, he argued with a road train and lost :(. There were over a hundred bikes at his funeral and more than 300 people all up which was fantastic. Felt awkward when people were walking round looking at the bikes but the cameras only came out for my rocket - would a put a huge grin on his face - even if he did ride a GSXR lol.

Since I tamed my Rocket many years ago with ugly touring accessories, and most of the time it is dirty, the gawking and questions from others actually became quite rare. But today at a stoplight a guy in a car adjacent to me went on and on about triumphs and how he had this and that one years ago blah blah blah. I told him the bike was a Triumph 140.....140 cu, 140 hp, 140 ft lbs, and 140 mph. He dropped his jaw, the light turned green, and I a took off with all it had and he soon became a speck in my mirror.

I think we both got a kick out of that.

I love that the Rocket is rare......well ......except when I have to order parts.

Since I tamed my Rocket many years ago with ugly touring accessories, and most of the time it is dirty, the gawking and questions from others actually became quite rare. But today at a stoplight a guy in a car adjacent to me went on and on about triumphs and how he had this and that one years ago blah blah blah. I told him the bike was a Triumph 140.....140 cu, 140 hp, 140 ft lbs, and 140 mph. He dropped his jaw, the light turned green, and I a took off with all it had and he soon became a speck in my mirror.

I think we both got a kick out of that.

I love that the Rocket is rare......well ......except when I have to order parts.

I like that 140 line ugarte,
mind if I use it?

Took mine out for a little test run yesterday with the trailer that I had made some modifications to stop at a hardware store 20 miles from home came back out and had a fan club three people standing staring at the bike answered questions and headed down to a Wal Mart 12 miles down the road just made it in the parking lot when the guy with all the buggies stoped and wanted to take a look it took me 10 min. to get in the store you would think you were rideing a UFO and just landed on earth but it is fun :D

Back