Spark Plug Change

Hedgehog

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III
Its odd that this topic - simple though it is - is not mentioned in the Service Manual. We decided to fit some NGK Iridium plugs to our Project bike - a 2008 Classic - and thought we'd do a basic video of it.

Easy job in the end - and the iridium's seem to make tickover a little smoother too.

Hedgehog

Here's the growing project page - we're enjoying the bike!

http://bigbikemad.com/triumph-rocket-iii---project-page.html

ngk-iridium_30.jpg

Nice video thanks for posting.

Quite the eye opener though, I had no idea it was such a big job to replace spark plugs on this beast.

That job on my previous bike was much, much simpler that's for sure.

Nice video thanks for posting.

Quite the eye opener though, I had no idea it was such a big job to replace spark plugs on this beast.

That job on my previous bike was much, much simpler that's for sure.

That's nothin. On my Buell 1125r the motor had to be rotated down out of the frame! :eek:
Luckily they were kind enough to have a procedure for cleaning the plugs (firing without fuel) if you had fouled them somehow.

That's nothin. On my Buell 1125r the motor had to be rotated down out of the frame! :eek:
Luckily they were kind enough to have a procedure for cleaning the plugs (firing without fuel) if you had fouled them somehow.

That's something I simply don't understand. I would think plugs would be considered a regular maintenance item. I guess they assume we all take them to the dealer for maintenance. I think I could have change plugs on my VTX in about 5 minutes. Oh well.

Back