So I think I want a blower on my Rocket

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
First off...not that kind of blower Jim :p:p

I've almost made up my mind to put a TTS Stage 3 Blower Kit on my Roadster and the warranty be d@mned. I've probably jacked it up already anyway. So a few questions for those in the know...

1.) Do I just go with their kit for everything? http://www.tts-performance.co.uk/#!triumph-rocket-3/cxqz
2.) Do I use some of this and some of that from various sources (Carpenter, Neville Lush, etc) to the internals and then put the TTS blower on it?
3.) @warp9.9 - Scott I know you mentioned something about a different fuel pressure regulator that you were running when we were on the phone the other day...what is it, do I need it, and where do I get it?
4.) Exhaust...here we go again...I just found one I like and we are off again...Keep the CES or go to something else? Maybe get CES to design me a new one?

By the time this is over I will drop close to $10k in the bike so I'd rather get most of these choice right first time. Anxiously awaiting input...

Do their kit for everything.
Want more after that, then piece it together.
Have warp9.9 look over their kit prior to install, he knows what they f up in making it.

Been there done that, paid the price...

I think that Scott has said many times before that had the full carpenter kit been available at the time he went the TTS route, he would have done the engine kit, hands down, Tex.

Why would you want to make power that you really can't use?

I haven't completely ruled out the Carpenter kit, but the cool factor of a blower is pretty high. I broke lots of Chevy big blocks back in the day with blowers so maybe it takes me back to my youth...I dont.know. why does a man need more than one rocket? Or more than one gun? More money? Etc....no logical answer to that question

First off...not that kind of blower Jim :p:p

I'm glad that was your opening paragraph. After reading the post Title my thoughts immediately went to … where do you buy such an item; what colour/size variations are available; is there a reputable brand that existing owners recommend; is there an opportunity for a group purchase to keep the price reasonable? Then I realised that shipping to Oz might be problematic so I immediately shelved all those thoughts and proceeded to read the actual thread content. Light bulb moment … ah that type of blower. Well that sucks!

The hydraulic clutch option with the TTS kit is nice, I have it, it does away with lifter piece which is a bonus.
Power is all useable with strong torque lowdown.
Naturally aspirated tuning gives similar bhp more rpms but torque is moved up the range.
Depends what power you want, stump pulling stomp roll-ons or arm stretching acceleration up to giddy rpms.
I added S/C to my tuned motor 4years ago because torque was 187ftlb @ 5.500rpm, 2000rpm only 153ftlb
I didn't want to have to change down to be in the power band.
It has it all now.

Just a thought Morris..... Will the SC fit with the CES system???

YOU will not win any races against a NA modded CARPENTER ROCKET with just a SC but you can do both and that will give you more than you can handle and thats always fun BUT I havnt seen any at the track yet

Just a thought Morris..... Will the SC fit with the CES system???

Don't know...sent Trevor an email today so I guess we will find out soon enough. My current thought is to move the CES system I have now to the '09 I just bought and work on something else for the Roadster with the TTS stuff on it. May end up having to play with the design a little bit

Back