Signal issues after mods

Medic

.060 Over
I am having a bit of trouble. I installed my power commander 5 today and all seemed to have gone well. The bike is running like a well oiled machine and sounds good to boot, but when I fired up my right turn signal, there was the issue. The front right signal blinks 2x faster than it should, and the rear doesn't work at all. All the other lights on the bike work fine, heads to tails, as well as the left turn signals. Anyone know what went wrong?

have u checked to see if the bulb was blown or u may have loosen your plug for the turn signal just a thought

Yup, sounds like the rear bulb is either burned out or not making a good connection that's all.

Ok, the filament is intact and the bulb is firmly seated. I even applied pressure manually to ensure a good connection. Any other ideas? What might I have jostled that would only affect the right turn signals on the bike?

Well, if it were me I'd start by removing the seat, raising the tank and taking off whatever other body covers you removed to install the Power Commander. Then turn on the signal affected and start tracing and moving wires around wherever you were working before. Check any connections you unplugged to make sure none of the pins or connections got pushed out of the plastic plugs. Make sure you didn't move a wiring harness into a clearance issue that might have pinched it in two when the bike was reassembled.

If that didn't reveal the problem then I would start the hard work of tracing the wiring diagram, that's always fun (not).

You can use a voltmeter to determine if it's the positive or negative (ground) circuit that's causing the problem, but that won't help find the trouble. Chances are you just unplugged something somewhere, you will find it. Keep looking.

winkers

Hi the rear indicator wires are behind the ecu which u may have dislodge when pulling ecu away to fit oxy eliminator. worth checking then.
cheers
graham

The flasher is going twice as fast because it has half the load. If the bulb is OK (here I'd swap left and right rear bulbs to check), then the wire to the bulb has no voltage, check the connections and run the wire for any pinches.

Back