Side mount license plate in Calif.

Spyder

Standard Bore
Anyone had any issues, get stopped, etc., with the DMV or the police for driving with a side mounted license plate? The code here seems to provide that the license plate be mounted "in the rear," but that doesn't completely answer the question. Thanks.

I'm not sure about calif codes
but most states , require horizonal
display of tag , so imagine if you got
a side mount horizonal , instead of
side mount vertical , you'd probably be fine
and get no hassles from the law .
Its @ the rear end of bike & horizonal to
and it doesn't say it has to be in stock location :D

wayne

So lets put it this way.If you get stopped an get a ticket just for Vert. plate. That means the cop had nuthing better to do..GO ROB SOME BANKS.Job security. Would you believe that I just rigged my plate with a large patch of velcro the whole back side of the plate, and can turn it to horz.at any time.Unless you know it you will never see it.Now Piggy is this grounds for (plate not secure)who says.Bet you cant find that in your manual..It is not comming off unless I want it to.Very secure..

Turn signals for vertical

I am wanting to do the plate relocate, and I am interested in what replacement turn signal lights you installed & how you installed them.

Thats my belt around the outside of the checker trailer hitch lite that is bolted to a plate thats bolted to the rear modified foot peg. Can you see my drive shaft cover around the rectifier?

Last edited:
Piggy

Right side turn signal is one of them LEDs from JPcycles..Brake light is in rear fender and made from a helmet shield and 18 wheeler LEDs. Keep them confusedddd...Crazy Jack Piggy shut up about the dust and needing flat black touched up. I ride MY BIKEs..YUKYUKte

Last edited:
I am wanting to do the plate relocate, and I am interested in what replacement turn signal lights you installed & how you installed them.

& how you installed them.[/QUOTE]
With an axe and a file and a few dirty words..Just trying to unwind after the 14 did its first wheely (during break in) and I realized I don't know what the hell to do any more. Those shorts were old any..way

Last edited:
------------So for the ****** cricket plate I paint the frame on with flat black.Told ya I was cheaper than you Flip..Actually those plate frames weigh to much. The plate is so thin by it self I want to see if it will bend at 192 mph..Crazzzzzzy Jack

Back