Secondary Throttle Settings on TuneECU?

Luke

JOFIZIX
Ride
2002 VTX 1800C, 2005 VN2000, 2009 ZX-14, 2011 Hayabusa, 2013 R3 Roadster
Stupid question and answer time ..... who wants to play?

Just bought a used 2013 Rocket 3 Roadster and downloaded a tune but noticed the upper RPM settings in 4th and 5th gear are not maximized (anywhere from 33 to 87 rather than 100 like all the other settings). I would like to know why these are limited and is it okay to raise them all to 100? Thanks in advance for useful responses.

Luke

Stupid question and answer time ..... who wants to play?

Just bought a used 2013 Rocket 3 Roadster and downloaded a tune but noticed the upper RPM settings in 4th and 5th gear are not maximized (anywhere from 33 to 87 rather than 100 like all the other settings). I would like to know why these are limited and is it okay to raise them all to 100? Thanks in advance for useful responses.

Luke
They're closed to limit top end power in 4th and 5th. As if you wouldn't kill yourself in 1st - 3rd. I would open them up with the assumption that if there is enough fuel at 6000 rpm in 3rd with the secondaries open 100%, there should be enough at 6000 rpm in 4th and 5th.

They're closed to limit top end power in 4th and 5th. As if you wouldn't kill yourself in 1st - 3rd. I would open them up with the assumption that if there is enough fuel at 6000 rpm in 3rd with the secondaries open 100%, there should be enough at 6000 rpm in 4th and 5th.

Thanks Doug .... that is what I was hoping to hear, just not sure why the program would have them limited to start with. Yeah, I see what you mean about 1-3 gears, practically yanks the bars right out of your hands. Got the tune from TuneECU listings. BTW, is raising the idle speed as easy as bumping up the numbers on the IDLE menu for the different temps? Mine still seems to idle slower than it should and always wants to almost stall whenever I pull the clutch in. Bike only has about 1800 miles on it.

Thanks Doug .... that is what I was hoping to hear, just not sure why the program would have them limited to start with. Yeah, I see what you mean about 1-3 gears, practically yanks the bars right out of your hands. Got the tune from TuneECU listings. BTW, is raising the idle speed as easy as bumping up the numbers on the IDLE menu for the different temps? Mine still seems to idle slower than it should and always wants to almost stall whenever I pull the clutch in. Bike only has about 1800 miles on it.
Yes, in the table. It should idle 800-850.

If you are having idle troubles then check to make sure that the TPS is set correctly. It will also be worthwhile to make sure that the throttle bodies are balanced.

You NEED to add fuel when you open the sec plates. Bike will go crazy lean in the top end.
Good point but here's a question for you Obiwan. The Triumph Roadster tunes have the same timing, same fuel before and after they unrestricted the secondaries in 1st-3rd. How is this possible?

Don't know about the fu$king Obiwan comment mate. I am not trying to be smartar$e I am trying to save some poor bloke wrecking his bike. This is what happens to the AF when one opens the Sec plates. I don't care what is is a tune file you can open.

Attachments

• img005.jpg
    img005.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 19
Back