ratdog

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 roadster, 2012 ktm duke690
hey there aussie rocket experts

I have searched and scoured the net trying to find out which dual seat to get for the 2014 roadster, so far what I have found is
(1)the classic dual seat is regarded as the best seat for two up riding without the pillion needing bottom surgery because the pillion section is 12" wide
(2)at least one aussie has mentioned they can be bought new in the big land downunder for $160 (but I can't seem to see one anywhere that isn't 3 times that price)

Ok, please can someone who has tried it tell me if I were to get one of these will it fit on the roadster and also where can i get one preferably at the dirt cheap price mentioned, i find it hard to believe they could be this cheap but I do live in hope! In general do you guys get your aftermarket bits in Australia or like us underprivileged kiwis have to get them from the UK and the states?

cheers you guys

$165AUD is the new price , used to be $600 odd but price was dropped years ago. Me I'd be trying Team Moto at Springwood or Olivers Motorcycles at Moorooka mate. I've bought parts from North County Yamaha in the States in the past, cheaper than here even with the shipping costs. Classic (non-gel) is the most comfortable seat Triumph offer as said. Can't imagine it would cost all that much to ship across the ditch if need be.

JCS in Perth has them at $195 for the seat and $299 for the riders back rest
I got mine from them about a year ago for $169 so they have gone up a bit.

$165AUD is the new price , used to be $600 odd but price was dropped years ago. Me I'd be trying Team Moto at Springwood or Olivers Motorcycles at Moorooka mate. I've bought parts from North County Yamaha in the States in the past, cheaper than here even with the shipping costs. Classic (non-gel) is the most comfortable seat Triumph offer as said. Can't imagine it would cost all that much to ship across the ditch if need be.
thanks for that bro, will look them up. freight isn't too bad across to here but the nz government slaps 15% tax on for anything over $400 purchase price plus a customs administration fee for sending the letter telling the customer they have to pay the tax or their goods won't leave the airport, shame i can't swear on here!

cheers for that mate, will see how i go getting one from your eastside first as freight might be cheaper. crazy how the backrest is so much, I don't need one of those yet, maybe I will after a few more big bumps like the one i hit the other day, ow

Hi bigkel, any chance you would be able to give me the part number for that seat?
I've been making inquiries but I can see the potential to get the wrong seat freighted half across the planet, what with the language differences and different models/years etc
would be much appreciated

Hi bigkel, any chance you would be able to give me the part number for that seat?
I've been making inquiries but I can see the potential to get the wrong seat freighted half across the planet, what with the language differences and different models/years etc
would be much appreciated
seat is A9708164 and backrest is A9708158 , they fit the standard, classic and roadster

Happy to make a few calls to East Coast Dealerships on your behalf mate .. let me know.

cheers Tomcat, that's very good of you, have more success after being able to quote the part number, tried both those places you suggested and they both replied that they are available $165 ish. Just waiting to see if they will freight across the gap now

cheers Tomcat, that's very good of you, have more success after being able to quote the part number, tried both those places you suggested and they both replied that they are available $165 ish. Just waiting to see if they will freight across the gap now

Great , can't see why shipping to NZ be a problem .. heaps closer than WA.

Back