Saw a Rocket X today

Mittzy

The Hooligan - Just Doing Stuff
Ride
2020 TFC #385, 2014 R3 Roadster 230hp (BRUTUS)
Olivers Motorcycles of Moorooka Brisbane has a Rocket X for sale. Number 447 of 500.
They recon 50 bikes were destined for OZ and Triumph Australia will always keep one for them selves so that makes it 49 for the rest of us...
At $25,350 Ride away :eek: Seems like a lot of coin.
I asked the sales guy what was so different to my 2010 R3R apart from the 8Ball paint scheme.
His answer was "They have removed the restrictions from the first three gears - I bet this would be faster than your 2010 model" Me: I doubt it mate. He was REAL keen to trade my R3R in on it ---- Yeah Right, not while I'm breathing..... But if I had a spare 25 grand I would own 2 Rockets.

IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG

Funny you say that @Mittzy the restrictions have been off for a couple of years I believe. Sean's bike model has them removed also so the dealer told me when they first came out.
A bit odd he is mentioning that as a selling point now. Nice machine though.

Olivers Motorcycles of Moorooka Brisbane has a Rocket X for sale. Number 447 of 500.
They recon 50 bikes were destined for OZ and Triumph Australia will always keep one for them selves so that makes it 49 for the rest of us...
At $25,350 Ride away :eek: Seems like a lot of coin.
I asked the sales guy what was so different to my 2010 R3R apart from the 8Ball paint scheme.
His answer was "They have removed the restrictions from the first three gears - I bet this would be faster than your 2010 model" Me: I doubt it mate. He was REAL keen to trade my R3R in on it ---- Yeah Right, not while I'm breathing..... But if I had a spare 25 grand I would own 2 Rockets.
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG

Mine was $25,000 back in 09 with a set of torrs prices came down after i purchased ofcourse

It's nice to look at but I'm not a fan of the black-on-black. They also missed an opportunity to make the bike beefier than the stock, as it stands it's an R3R with a flashy paint job and a red number on the side. Nice - but only nice, not "whoa".

I saw the 007 bike in Finland during the yearly bike fair. That number alone might be worth a few bucks. :)

Back