Russell Day Long Seat Failure

Marrider, that might work out good maybe if I think my idea for a good seat works out I'll make another one and bring it with me and put the seat on your bike and you can give me your feed back if my seat is cumfortable or not:confused:
If it comes out as good as my spoiler I'll be happy and my back should be stress free.
And maybe I'll get better shocks as well so I won't feel any bump.
It might not fit you perfect because I'm only 5 8 1/2 170 pounds but your get the idea if its cumfortable or not.
Maybe I will do another seat with the same idea with out the lower back support and back rest so your get a better feel unless your the same hight as me approx .

Maybe I'll make a few different ones and you can ride to me and see what one fits you the best and then we can go for a ride.

I need to phone Triumph like to see if I could buy that part under the seat so I could put them in my seat pan that I make so the seat could still snap in and use the key to take the seat of.
Not sure if I could buy that part separate? Or I might need to see if I could get some one to make them for me.
Or might use the same system my Corban seat scews on there is a bracket across the back fender.

I did start my idea from my old seat pan put because I'm going to have springs in it I was sitting way to high so I cut a hole in the bottom to drop my seat in with springs so i can sit lower, so I either need to make a bottom piece and rivot it together with the seat pan or make a new seat pan. Not sure what way I will do it , all depends if I could buy or have that part made for me.
I will keep you posted.

Thanks Kevin

Macrider, that corbin seat you like is only $539.00 and its a heated seat why don't you buy it looks like a nice seat.
The Cobin seat that came with my bike is nice, but a little hard for me for a long ride but a lot of people love there corbin seat.
If it wasn't for my dam lower back I wouldn't even bother to make this seat I'm thinking of that I might make it a heted seat as well but just to buy a single seat heater a good one I see for $175.00 and if I buy more then one I was told they will sell them for me for $125.00 not much off but something.

Looked on Bike Bandit and they do not sell just the seat pan...you have to buy the seat complete....well complete without the strap and some plastic bits :D

mutt

****, I was just on the Russel site today, but "out in the sun"? Well yeah! This thread scared me off a Russel.

Torockety, your close to me as well I'm in Richmond hill, Macrider is close as well we should get together and go for a ride before it gets too cold:)

Back