Rough idle on startup

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
so I'm about 3500 miles into the RAA trip and over the last few days I have noticed a minor problem. When I first start the bike (cold) everything is great, but when I start it at operating temp...say after a fuel stop...it doesn't want to idle without a little throttle and runs rough for a few seconds. Once it "catches" everything is back to normal and it idles fine. I'm thinking TPS. Any thoughts? Bike has run flawlessly other than this minor irritation.

BTW...2013 roadster, PCV, K&Ns, CES exhaust

so I'm about 3500 miles into the RAA trip and over the last few days I have noticed a minor problem. When I first start the bike (cold) everything is great, but when I start it at operating temp...say after a fuel stop...it doesn't want to idle without a little throttle and runs rough for a few seconds. Once it "catches" everything is back to normal and it idles fine. I'm thinking TPS. Any thoughts? Bike has run flawlessly other than this minor irritation.

I have over filled the fuel tank and found the engine to run rough till it reaches the proper level

I have an 05 and my bike did the same, replaced the Primary TPS and all is well.

Back