Rode The 2014 Indian Chiefton Today

Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
Well as usual the bike felt extremely small but outside of that I liked it better than any V-twin I have ever ridden including all metric bikes, Harleys, and Victorys. That motor is great and there is alot of surprising high end torque. The bikes are beautiful! I would not give up my Rocket but may wait in the shadows for a used one of these down the road.

I should have rode the Vintage as well but there was quite a line. It has a longer wheel base and might have been even better.

According to -usually guarded- European trade journalists who had preview rides in the States, the bike's power is at least 20% better than that of Harley most spiced-up CVO's' with no trade-off in terms of low-rev torque. Roadholding is said to be first class for a "cruiser". Fit and finish are said to be superb. Their few qualms were about some gauges and/or instruments (which were not finalized on the pre-production mules they tested) and doubts as to whether the extra power will endure European noise and emission regulations.

I, for one, think it's a fabulous mount!

Jamie:cool:

According to -usually guarded- European trade journalists who had preview rides in the States, the bike's power is at least 20% better than that of Harley most spiced-up CVO's' with no trade-off in terms of low-rev torque. Roadholding is said to be first class for a "cruiser". Fit and finish are said to be superb. Their few qualms were about some gauges and/or instruments (which were not finalized on the pre-production mules they tested) and doubts as to whether the extra power will endure European noise and emission regulations.

I, for one, think it's a fabulous mount!

Jamie:cool:
20% better than what ? same basic design as the rest of the dinosaurs so I dont see anything exciting about any of them j more of the same boring retro looking stuff YUCK

the new indians are probably gonna sell like crazy. polaris has the means by which to pull this off and do it right, and americans are obsessed with this marque and V twins. me personally, i dont have any interest at all in the underpowered "american Vtwins" but so what. triples and V-4s forever i say!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, with the worlds economy the way it is, there is too much competition. Not enough money out there to be creating any more "one of a kinds", or "sorta like used to be". I think Triumph stuck their neck out with the Rocket. But it is a one of a kind, and after all these years, still hasn't really caught fire. But I sure am glad it caught me!

I don't really want the Rocket to take fire. I like being he mystery bike guy. Its funny how people assume that since Triumphs are so sparce, they cost more than the Harley's and Goldwings.

Back