Rockets Across America III

Slabs

Any road is good, some better. Just so long as you stay off the slab. There is nothing more boring than a steady 75 or so on blistering hot concrete with carloads of of kids and big trucks passing you 3 feet away. Then, when you need a break, the exit ramp brings fast food, snotty kids and irate parents. You can always use the rest areas along the slab. Usually, the toilets are cleaner than the urinals but don't hold your breath, well, you may have to, to avoid becoming sick.

Back roads equate to good mom and pop resturants, little gasoline stations and plenty of things to look at or take pictures of, basically a never ending change of scenery. Slabs are great for quick trips to anywhere but backroads are always better.

Hey guys,
How about TALAMENA DRIVE ?
Down the south east side of Oklahoma from Talinina Ok. to Mena Ark.
It's real purty, nice vistas, lots of places to pull over and take pics.
good roads. (at least the last time ). Hard to get more centrally located.
About 50 miles of adventure on a rocket.
Camping in the area on the river, for those who Have to trailer in.
Google it, see what y'all think.
To GOD be the glory,
skip

Lets see, last year I was going to go but the fickle finger of fate said otherwise. This year sounds good as long as they get a bike out I can live with and get it broken in before the event and my PO says I can go.:rolleyes:
Fickle finger my ass! I hear was the throttle grip!! So glad you're up to breaking in another!

Count me in for the Maggie Valley area. I am planing a trip there april 25th -28th already. 2 Bike Meets going on that weekend (See links below) I have visited this area on several occasions very biker friendly and great riding.
http://www.handlebarcorral.com/Spring%20Thunder%20in%20the%20Smomkys.htm
http://www.cherokeerally.com/
The April festivities have also caught my eye :p

If it's going to be Maggie Valley it looks like a 6 day drip for us Texans. 2 days to get there to day's there and 2 home. I'm am South of Houston my mom is east of Carthage (AL Gores Home town) and it takes me 12 to 14 in a cage with Kids.
There are IRON BUTTS in these here parts. I'm still advocating a NationWide awakening. Linking the NationWide gatherings in close timing is an option isn't IT?

I'd love to be able to go but Memorial Day - Labor Day I'm chained to a dive operation. :(
That's curios :D I can think of several ways that could lead.

IT IT NOT POSSIBLE FOR R O C K E T S ACROSS A M E R I C A 2008
I'll wager Bear and Sunshine would guide the desert SouthWest.

Last edited:
It's the same old song..............

Interestingly, I heard the same stuff last year. I can't go because of this or that or I have a booger (no offense Dave) stuck under my fingernail or my mother-in-law is coming to stay with us or I can't ride that far 'cause I might piss my pants or I can't get off the tit that long. If I had a buck for all the excuses I heard last year, well, lets just say Bush could keep his refund.

Who rode the farthest last year? Who stayed away from the 'tit' longest last year? I know, I'm retired. Let me tell you all that I'm busier now than when I worked full time..

I'm going and I don't care where it is. If it's in Nome, Alaska I'm going. There are a certain few who will be going this summer. I know who they are. We'll have a hell of a time, take lots of pictures and raise some hell and everyone else will say...'I'm sorry I couldn't make it, maybe next year'. Remember something......Next year may never come for some of us. I already know I'm going.

I've purposely not posted on this thread though I'm watching it all the time. When the site is finalized and the date is agreed upon, whatever it is, you can count on me being there.

Well lest get a move on gent's.

I think first thing is first. We should nail down a date that the majority of us can attend. We can come up with the location later. But the earlier we have a date the more time we have to save money ask the boss for vacation time, and start weaning from the teat.
My self I can go most any month as long as it is on the 1st, 2nd, 5th weekend, those are the ones I don’t have my girls. If march is the month I can’t go on the 8th Heathers B-day. If it’s May I would prefer not the weekend of the 16 the New Ulm Rally. Other than that I don’t have anything going unless something unexpected pop’s up. Or I’m broke.

Lets get this thing on the calender and get a date.:bch:

Back