bruce aussie

WOODENBONG
Ride
Roadster
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here we go, let's bend some pipe.
image.jpg
The collector is made and the flanges ready to bolt on. He has made the flanges all on one piece of 10 ml plate similar to Mitch's so he doesn't have any problems with leaks. I asked if I could take a photo Trevor said yes but he would prefer if it didn't end up on the internet. A bloke has to keep some secrets so I didn't take a photo. I will say it all looks pretty good.

Polished silver same as Les. Going with stainless muffler I think at this stage. 2 1/4 inch in with removable baffle if it's to loud will have to reduce it down a bit. Will try to drop in tomorrow get some photos of the initial pipe work.

Polished silver same as Les. Going with stainless muffler I think at this stage. 2 1/4 inch in with removable baffle if it's to loud will have to reduce it down a bit. Will try to drop in tomorrow get some photos of the initial pipe work.
I am watching this with great interest is the muffler a single? And is is a straight style or megaphone style?
I would like a straight single exhaust with adjustable baffles and shorter that the original roadster one.
Cheers Pete.

Is this your own design?
Similar to Les's the collector is being moved forward about 6 inch's up ontop of the crankcase with the pipes curling forward further up behind the radiator to maintain the right length for maximum torque. The S bend down to the muffler with the 02 sensor in it will be 2 1/4 inch. There will be an option to have it reduce down and match up to original exhausts. Trevor at Custom Exhaust Systems is making a jig and is going produce them for sale.

I am watching this with great interest is the muffler a single? And is is a straight style or megaphone style?
I would like a straight single exhaust with adjustable baffles and shorter that the original roadster one.
Cheers Pete.
I'm going with a straight single muffler. It will be a fairly simple slip on. Trevor will build you pretty much what ever you want.

Don't hold me to this, around $1300 ceramic coated. They will have an exact price when mine are finished. I will be fitting a Ramair and getting it dyno tuned. We will know what performance improvements we get. Les got around 165hp and ft pd with his 3 pipe setup. Trevor expects at least 5 more with a free flowing single pipe with set length of 2 1/4 pipe before it. He did mention the length it needed but I was getting bombarded with measurements and figures.

Back