Rocket Roadster vs Honda Valkyrie 2014

The conclusion of their comparison.....

CONCLUSION

If you come away from this comparison with one thing, it should be the approachability of the two motorcycles. As large as they look, they are still manageable machines; the Rocket III and Valkyrie can be ridden by any competent motorcyclist, as long as he keeps his right hand connected to his brain.

Choosing between them is about your mission. If straight-line dominance is what you are about, the Triumph Rocket III Roadster and its 240mm rear tire is there to satisfy your needs. Whether you’re coming away from a stoplight, or cruising down the freeway and looking to make a fast pass, the Rocket will not be denied.

Pc1060100.jpg

For those who have some local twisties to cavort through, then the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie ABS will be your mount of choice. The touring Wing is a superb handler, and with taller wheels and considerably less weight, the Valkyrie is shockingly agile. It won’t give fits to sport bikes, but a Roadster rider will be hard pressed to keep a well-ridden Valkyrie in sight.

As around-town bikes for riders who like to see the sights and be seen along the way, the two machines present distinctive countenances. Traditionalists will gravitate toward the Deco-inspired styling of the Rocket III, just as cruiser fans who want something different and modern will find much to like about the Valkyrie. In urban situations, they are both fully satisfying.

Last edited:
As a longtime Honda owner-rider, I would take some issue with that conclusion, Sinai.

Properly set up, the R3 will bury and leave for dead those Valks, either old or new and we can do that just as comfortably as we please.. Trust me - I know!;)

Last edited:
They could at least have done the Rune setup with oversized 6 throttle bodies and 6 injectors, compared to the stock wing set up.

Well it's just an article I came across.....
I've got a 2014 Roadster (my second - luv them) and a 2004 Rune. I was looking up write ups on the new 2014 Valkyrie as I've just order the ABS model. So I'll see how is it!!

Don't get me wrong, sinai, I am not bashing the new Valk. It's just that Honda, not unusually, didn't take it in a more performance oriented direction than they did. It appears to be a quality product that will appeal to a limited segment of their overall target market.

Back