Rocket III vs. Suzuki M109R

No question about that. But, a V-twin at that much RPM, nor a Busa, will be around 25+ years from now and still going as strong. There really is nothing stock off the line faster in it's class! Sorry: Busas aren't in there.
TE HE. Are Busas in the rockets class??? they cost about 7 grand less. AHHA Air force EH --- Busas already been here 10 yrs..

Last edited:
TE HE. Are Busas in the rockets class??? they cost about 7 grand less. AHHA Air force EH --- Busas already been here 10 yrs..
The average Busa with 3k annual miles may rack up 75k over the course of 25 years and maybe they might still be around. But the greatest percetage will be in the scrap heap or setting as a yankee yard ornament. On the other hand, a RocketIII racking up 10k per year over the same 25 years will have a lot more history behind it. And still going strong.
I certainly wouldn't put a crouch rocket in the same class as the RocketIII. And plastic with a rice converter should cost $7k less :D

...is the Rocket your first bike?? Jack
You caught me :eek: Yes, until the RocketIII I only subsisted. No question, I've never ridden a rice rocket. I've had two saki burner posers but they can never measure up (one of them sits wasting in my shed, Intruder 1400). The Hawk and AMF Sporter before that, they were marginal but suited my transportation needs. I've always wanted a V-Max and a Valkyrie, and still do Why??

Last edited:

And they do 190 mph and sub 10's in the quarter right out of the box - if all you cared about was speed.

I own both bikes. A 2 1/2 yr old '05 Rocket (Jars, 3 k&n's, PCIII) and a 1 1/2 yr old stock 109.

Totally different bikes. I like the looks of the 109 better (pers preference)...I like the uniqueness of the Rocket more. For hopping around town on the short runs, I like the 109. ANYTHING ELSE...I like the Rocket. The way they're set up, the Rocket is much more powerful.

My wife rides with me "sometimes". I can't even imagine taking her on the 109.

Although I've been lucky in the "problems" categorey, I'm much more confident that I can find a good "wrench" for the 109. I don't think any of the 3 Triumph dealers I'm familiar with Know squat about the Rocket.

What I want...is BOTH bikes. If I had to pick one.....I'd settle on the Rocket for an "overall" winner.

I own both bikes. A 2 1/2 yr old '05 Rocket (Jars, 3 k&n's, PCIII) and a 1 1/2 yr old stock 109.

Totally different bikes. I like the looks of the 109 better (pers preference)...I like the uniqueness of the Rocket more. For hopping around town on the short runs, I like the 109. ANYTHING ELSE...I like the Rocket. The way they're set up, the Rocket is much more powerful.

My wife rides with me "sometimes". I can't even imagine taking her on the 109.

Although I've been lucky in the "problems" categorey, I'm much more confident that I can find a good "wrench" for the 109. I don't think any of the 3 Triumph dealers I'm familiar with Know squat about the Rocket.

What I want...is BOTH bikes. If I had to pick one.....I'd settle on the Rocket for an "overall" winner.
GREAT personal perspective and I know where you're coming from. The Intruder VS1400 is somewhat alike. Granted it's nowhere near the power of the 109 but the ride is the same; at the very best when only one-up. I did a lot of peg draggin on the Intruder until I plowed too deep; and it layed me up for a few years :(

Last edited:
Back