Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Jan 06 to Mar 06

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • April 06 to June 06

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • July 06 to Sept 06

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
I had a tune boy tune loaded in my R3 with no idle issues 20005-2008, then my dealer loaded in the idle fix tune back in 08 .... bike ran like crap:eek: so I went home and re loaded my tune boy tune ...Bike ran great:cool: . Present day took my R3 in to have the infamous upgrade kit installed along with a new finial drive all on good will warranty.:D Picked the bike up and was told that they ( dealer ) had loaded the newest triumph tune to my bike :rolleyes: So I took it home and guess what it ran like crap:mad: So I went and down load the newest tune boy tune ( dyno ) for the R3 with tors and no cat, with triple K&N's and it runs like a raped APE! :eek::cool::D

Another low idle issue

Your pics are a bit blurry but from your description it sounds like you modified the Idle speed control stepper motor. If you look in there a little closer you will see the throttle stop screw. Adjust that... don't use the stepper motor. It will run exactly where you want it to (700rpms, 800rpms, 900rpms... where ever you set it and like it) and if you adjust the primary throttle position potentiometer afterwards (to .6 volts) it will run like a charm. Just look at my "Fix" instructions...

Thank God for old threads and search engines!
Can someone tell me, hopefully post a picture, where "the throttle stop screw" Tom mentions in his post is? I'm either going blind or my early '05 Rocket doesn't have the stop screw. Also, the "Fix" link is not active.

Thank God for old threads and search engines!
Can someone tell me, hopefully post a picture, where "the throttle stop screw" Tom mentions in his post is? I'm either going blind or my early '05 Rocket doesn't have the stop screw. Also, the "Fix" link is not active.

Anyone? Or is this a Dead Thread?

Anyone? Or is this a Dead Thread?

..well, it appears this thread has been inactive since April..you having idle problems??..what are the symptoms??..I personally haven't messed with the idle screw, but I have had to replace the TPS as have many R3 owners because of a high idle problem..when it happens, the bike usually won't idle down past 2,000 rpm's, although shutting off the bike and restarting usually temporarily 'fixes' the problem, but a new TPS is the real fix..

Thanks Budman. I have an idle problem, but it is a LOW idle problem. It almost seems like a vacuum leak, although I can't find anything and it runs great other than at idle. Idle's rough at about 5-600 then eventually dies completely. The stepper motor will move slightly when switched on but not enough to increase the idle. A post from toystoretom mentions the idle screw but I'll be darned if I can find it! Must be looking in the wrong place.

idle problems

Are any of the newer 2009-2010 bikes having idle problems? Or has Triumph finally fixed it?

don't mess with the idle screw
it's position is inportant in relation to the .6 volt that you set the TPS to
read about EFI tuning basics and you will see its inportance

i sugest a TPS reset

First clean all linkages and throttle spring on the throttle body to include the linkage to stepper motor. Then perform full ISCV reset and make sure stepper motor is adjusted properly per tune boy instructions on the screen. Then you can figure out if the TPS is bad or everthing was just out of sync.

I am having a high idle problem on my 2010 R3T, first step will be to try cleaning the crank angle sensor, then reset the icsv, I can't reset the TPS (3 trys in tune ECU) I suspect because the idle is so erratic.

Back