Rocket electric problem.

rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Owned my Rocket for 3 weeks now enjoying it until i went out to go to work and it wouldn't start. Power on then off, then just couldn't get any electric to come on. Ordered a new battery and an Eastern Beaver h4 wireing harness. Recharged the old battery it is a Yuasa and is probably original, bike is a 2005. Put the battery back in and turned the key not a sign of life. Messed around a while turned the key and electric came on then tried to start it and everything went out again. Put the battery back on the trickle charger and it was dead again so i'm hoping its just a battery problem but it acts like it has a short To be continued.:cool:

Have a look under ignition switch for heat damaged wires might be a bit late to save the ign switch with the EB relay kit this Time but if you do replace the ign switch at least you will know it is protected by the EB kit

Battery needs replaced if its old. Don't dork around with it, it'll frustrate you more than it's worth to replace it.:kk:

I was going to start taking the bike apart and looking around but then i decided to just relax and wait until the battery arrives. If the battery doesn't solve the problem then start wrenching.

No start

Took apart the ignition the other day and made sure the wires were not bunt up and that the were still soldered in place. Freaked out by all the posts about rockets not starting after 3 weeks of owning one and it wouldn't start. Today got a new battery in turned the key annnnd---It started right up:D Sounds so good. Heres the thing not great on patience. Went and just bought another battery even though i had one on order, tracking said it wouldn't be here for another week and its going to be good riding. So Guess what! After buying and charging the battery today, in the mail is my battery. If anyone needs a new battery i will give you a good deal fully charged and ready to go cycle-tron plus interstate battery paid 81.99 will let it go much cheaper. If not no biggie i have a spare. The good side is i still have an eastern beaver wire coming in, but i feel a little bit leary about putting it in, am not experienced in wiring. I love my rocket and am glad its back running.:)

If you battery voltage falls below 11.7 volts the rockets will not start .
I found that out on my 05
Pushed it home three miles and *****ed to my dealer they came out picked up the bike and put in a new battery and delivered the next day
Cost about 90 bucks
That's how I learned that at 11.7 volts your s o l
But got a great dealer so I figure it was a wash

Back